Part 55 - Tempered and a Plan

To say that Loki was utterly confused was an understatement. You led Loki to the vault, the guards let you both through. He didn't stop to follow you, but still he was totally confused as to why you and him were in there.

"In the Nine Realms existed a dark time. A very dark time. As Odin had Hela as his weapon and personal executioner, no one was ever safe from her. Odin gave Hela her own little army of guards as they stormed all the Nine Realms. These dead warriors got honored and burried deep bellow this very Palace. Did you know, Loki ?", you told him.

He stared at you in shock.

"I did not.", he answered.

"I was there as they got honored here. Not every memory I had was correct. Some were...tempered with. As I got my oldest memories back, the spell broke off and I remember clearly. Still not everything is clear and back, but most. Do you remember the memory of Bor and little Odin ? And most importantly the Golden Palace ?"

"I do. It is not that long ago, that I saw them with Mother and you.", he answered.

"The Golden Palace didn't exist.", you told him.

Loki's head snapped to you in utter shock.

"What ?"

"The Golden Palace. As Bor lived...it didn't exist. It was a normal Palace, made of stone and wood. Bor called that Palace 'The Cold Heart'. He called it like that, because the wood and stones were dark. It was almost black. It gave a dark cold welcome to everything and everyone. Still...I loved that Palace. It is now abandoned. Odin built the Golden Freakshow."

"What are you trying to tell me here ?"

"History, Loki. History. Odin hated Cold Heart. Not because it was uncomfortable for him and Frigga, but because he had bad memories in there. Odin...he...he is not what he seems to be. Bor never gave Odin the throne. Odin took it from the rightful King of Asgard and then told lies about him."

"What....?"

"Odin never showed you emotion, because you carry his dead brother's name. Loki. L - O - K - I. There was a Loki before you. That Loki was known as the God of Fire. He was part Frost Giant, part Asir and part Fire Giant. He made truce between these 3 Realms as he was 516 years old. He made peace and there was never war. Loki Borson was the first born of Bor and half blood brother of Odin."

Loki just stared at you in utter shock.

"What happened to Loki Borson ?"

"Odin killed him off.", you answered him simply.

He looked at you in horror.

"Loki had a brother, called Baldr. Baldr was very handsome and an undefeated warrior. He could get stabbed in the heart with a sword and he didn't die. I saw it. One day they tried to hurt him with flowers and the Mistletoe was hurting him badly. Bor instantly broke up the fights and brought Baldr to the healing wing. Loki was worried and Odin looked at Baldr emotionless."

Then you both stopped at one empty spot in the vault and you leaned on the walls with your left shoulder. Loki stood there and listened.

"Odin never showed emotion, if one of his brothers got hurt. Soon Loki and Baldr were of age for the throne, but none wanted it. Bor already chose tho. He chose Loki. Loki was wise, intelligent, sly, clever, protective, caring and strong in his mind. He was something special and far more worthy than just the throne of Asgard. Loki accepted, for his Father, to take the throne and try to be a good King. He said he makes no promises tho and if he fucks up, he will give it back to Bor. They agreed to that."

You tapped your fingers on your right arm.

"Loki did well. The Nine Realms were happy with the new King. Everything went great. Exchanges of foods and drinks, like valuables and all that stuff from all the Nine Realms. The exportations and the help was perfect too. If Jotunheim needed help, Loki instantly helped. If Midgard needed help, he also did instantly. No Realm was abandoned to all their own devices. Loki was a great King and he would still be...if the sudden tragedies wouldn't have happened..."