Trouble

You can never decline Michael without a fight.. it's New Year's eve and I'm feeling like shit. So much has happened in these few weeks, it's not funny. Let me explain.. The next day, I stopped my cycle and I was feeling great. I woke up extra early and I ran some errands. I went to LaToya's house and I waited..

LaToya: Yeah?

Suesie: Good morning!

LaToya: Morning..

She said in a dull tone.

Suesie: What's wrong Toya?

LaToya: I'm tired..

Suesie: Oh.. Well, what time did you go to bed last night?

LaToya: Early..

Suesie: How early is early?

LaToya: I've gotta ask.. Why are you here at this time?

Suesie: To check on you. I.. Missed you.

LaToya: Do you realize that it's still dark outside?

Suesie: It was six when I got up.. Like I always do..

LaToya: Well now it's seven and I'm tired..

Suesie: I'm sorry..

LaToya sighed and opened the door.

LaToya: You may as well come in..

Suesie: Are you sure?

LaToya gave me a look and I quickly went inside. I sat down and LaToya started making something to eat. She brought Orange Juice and breakfast into the living room. I looked at her and she sat back with a sigh.

LaToya: I'm sorry.. It's just..

Suesie: What's wrong Toya?

LaToya: I did something a couple days ago and its been eating me up ever since then.

Suesie: What happened?

LaToya looked down and bit her lip.

LaToya: Janet & I had gotten into it because of her new boyfriend..

Suesie: She has a boyfriend?

LaToya: Yeah.. She told me all about him and then brought him over. He was every bit of irony.. He didn't look like a straight A student who dreamed of becoming a Lawyer, attended church every Sunday and loved Janet..

Suesie: What'd he look like?

LaToya: He looked like a cat who ran the streets and pushed dope.. Tattoos and all. What's worst is that he smelled like he'd been smoking..

Suesie: Oh my Lord..

LaToya: I pulled her to the side and told her how I felt about him and she got mad. She walked out and then I just got a phone call a few hours ago from her.. She was crying and saying that she's pregnant.

I wanted to cry. She could get pregnant by mistake but I couldn't get pregnant even if I tried. I was very worried about her and I'd do anything to save her.

Suesie: P-Pregnant?

LaToya: I can't believe it either.. Why J? Why?

Suesie: I can't even..

I started crying so hard at that point and then I looked at the food. I started eating.. It made me feel better. Not a minute passed by before my plate was clean. You know.. I've been eating a lot lately.

LaToya: Slow down Sue, before you choke!

Suesie: I can't.. Eating makes me feel better.

LaToya: Oh Lord..