Safehouse

We didn't speak for a week because I disappeared and nobody knew where I was. I slept on the bathroom floor that night for seven days without coming out. I would hear Michael speaking to me and also hear him cry. But right now.. I just can't believe what he did to me. I shut everyone down after that night. I waited until Michael left for work to pack my things and get a ride to New York. The first place I went to was LaToya's. She answered and I didn't mean to be rude.

LaToya: Suesie, what's wrong?

Suesie: Where are those tickets?

LaToya: On my dresser.. Why?

Suesie: I have a feeling that I'll be needing them soon.

I said walking past her and heading up the stairs.

LaToya: What happened?

She said shutting the door and coming after me.

Suesie: You said the dresser?

I said looking around the room.

LaToya: What happened?

She said more sternly. I bent down to look under one of her dressers. LaToya pulled me backwards from my hood causing me to lay on the ground facing the celling. LaToya hovered over me and grabbed my coat. She looked at me dead into my eyes but I looked like I didn't care.

LaToya: Tell me what the hell is going on now!

She yelled. I rolled my eyes and pushed her off of me. LaToya looked at me like I was crazy and yanked me up. She kept a good grip on my wrists.

Suesie: Why are you touching me like this? You have no right to touch me!

LaToya: Tell me what the hell happened right now Suzanne! Suzanne!

She screamed over me.

Suesie: What?

I screamed back. I looked at her with tears streaming down my face and LaToya looked at me.

LaToya: What is wrong with you?

She said softly.

Suesie: He cheated on me.. He cheated!

LaToya: What? Who?

She said hoping that I was the one who was cheating and being cheated on. I shook my head and sat down with my hands over my face. LaToya never let go of my wrists and tried to pry them away. I couldn't fight her because I was too weak so I hugged her and began to wail.

Suesie: Michael! How could he do this to me?

LaToya rubbed my back and stayed quiet. She didn't know what to say.

Suesie: I hate him! He hurt me so bad and he poisoned me!

LaToya: Poisoned?

I looked at her with an annoyed face.

Suesie: My virus..

LaToya: I'll be back okay?

I looked down and nodded. LaToya returned with a wet cloth and began to clean me up. Once she finished, she handed me the tickets and looked at me.

LaToya: Go..

Suesie: What?

LaToya: Go.. And when you go, don't turn back until you are ready.

I looked at my hands with the tickets and nodded. I hugged her and went on my way. I know when I'll be back though. I took a few planes and a taxi to get me to my parents' house. I knocked upon the door and It opened after a while. I saw my father looking at me baffled and then he smiled.

Father: Baby?

Suesie: Yes daddy.

I nodded. He embraced me in a hug and I walked in afterwards. Our dog barked and jumped onto me.

Father: Remember Sky?

Suesie: I can't believe that she's still alive! Of course I remember Skittles!

Sky is a nickname that we gave her. She responds to both. I held her in my arms and pet her. She licked my cheek and I laughed. Mother came out and rushed over to me.

Suesie: Mom!

Mother: Oh my.. My baby!

She said running to me. We hugged each other and held on for our lives. Father took in what he saw and smiled. He was overjoyed that two of the people that he loves the most in the world were reunited and back home. Well.. Three hopefully in a few months. We sat at the dinner table and ate as we talked about everything as a subject. I got settled in my old room afterwards and got dressed for bed. I was called into my parents' room and sat on the bed in front of my mother. She quickly grabbed my hand and examined it.

Mother: What's this?

I got nervous and looked down at my ring.

Suesie: I-.. It's a ring..

I stammered. She raised an eyebrow and made me look at her. I was beyond scared at this point and she did something that I didn't expect.. Just not right this second.

Mother: Who is he?

Suesie: Who is who mother?

Mother: You know good and damn well who. Now tell me.

Suesie: M-Michael.. Michael Jackson.

Mother looked at me and I became surprised at what she did. She smiled at me and hugged me.

Mother: I'm so happy for you baby.

I let the tears that I was holding back begin to fall.

Suesie: Actually.. That's why I came here..

Mother pulled back and wiped away my tears.

Mother: What's wrong baby?

Suesie: H-he.. Ch-cheated on me. I just needed to get away from him for a while.

Mother had a look of horror plastered on her face and then it turned to care.

Mother: Oh my baby.. I'm so sorry.

Suesie: What am I to do? I can't divorce him..

Mother: Why not?

Suesie: We.. We have a baby on the way.

My mother piled back and looked at-not at me but my stomach. She looked at it lovingly and touched it.

Mother: What gender is it?

Suesie: I don't know yet.

Mother: Let me know when you find out.

Suesie: That will be another eight months!

I smiled. She giggled and so did I. We hugged and I started to get sleepy. Mother laid me down beside her and stroked my hair. I soon fell asleep with a smile upon my lips thinking about the baby.