Chapter 14 - Love Triangles and Regrets

Regret. That was the only thing Charlie could feel for the next few weeks. She tried everything she could to stop thinking about Nick, but literally everything she saw reminded her of him. She was out shopping with Taylor and Alex, who had recently become a closer friend of hers, when a song he had told her about came over the speakers, and she felt like crying. Sometimes even just looking at her phone made a pit open up in her stomach because she realized he would never call her again.

"Oh my god Charlie you are being so dramatic!" Taylor said as she browsed through a rack of clothes.

Charlie sat on the nearest couch, running her hands through her hair in frustration. What if no one ever asked her out ever again? What if Nick was the only boyfriend she would ever have in high school, and she just ruined it? It seemed like after she broke up with him, all the attention she got from other guys at school evaporated. Jake Michaels, who used to say hi to her in the hallway every day, stopped noticing her when she walked by. He did start dating Megan Johnson, the Junior class Homecoming Princess, so that could have been why. But what about Cassius? She barely even saw him around school anymore.

"What was I thinking though, seriously? Just breaking up with him like that? He was right, Tony was flirting with me, and if it were the other way around, I would be so pissed!" she wailed.

Alex sat down next to her and gave her a commiserating look. "He was right to be a little pissed, but nothing happened. Also, Tony flirts with anything with legs, it's not your fault."

Oh, and that was another thing. Charlie had quickly figured out that she was not the only underclassman Tony had eyes for. He had a history with Alex. Charlie had noticed them flirting one day, wanted to find out if Tony was playing her, and came right out and asked Alex about it. Alex told her about how he helped her run for student council the year before, and how even though they hadn't officially dated, they got really close. Alex said he was trying to get close to her again. When Charlie told Alex how Tony had been getting close with her, Alex appreciated her bluntness, and was glad to know she wasn't the only girl in Tony's orbit.

This whole triangle was the reason why Charlie and Alex had become such close friends so quickly. Charlie would much rather make a friend than an enemy when it came to other girls, and was glad for her new alliance. If girls just had each other's backs more often, the world would be a better place.

"I just want to stop thinking about him," she said, covering her ears, thankful that the song was coming to an end soon.

"You need to, you are seriously distracted lately," Taylor said. "Your first soccer game was great, but you've barely scored any goals since. And don't get me started on how I had to basically finish your midterm Health project for you."

"You helped everyone finish their midterm Health projects," Charlie pointed out.

Taylor shrugged, "True, I'm nice like that. But still, if you don't want to get kicked out of your Honors classes you better step it up."

"Wouldn't getting a new dress for the winter dance cheer you up?" Alex asked from a nearby rack of sparkly dresses.

Charlie leaned back into the couch again, sighing. "Nick was such a good dancer!"

Taylorand Alex just rolled their eyes at each other and ignored her. 

**What do you think is gonna happen at the winter dance? Find out next chapter!