Chapter 13 - Absolute Flirt Fest

Tony's soccer tutoring was really starting to pay off. He explained to her the ins and outs of the field and the game. Charlie could even pull off a juke once in a while. Not a good enough one to fool Tony, but it would work when she scrimmaged with the other girls. Also she did not mind spending extra time getting up close and personal, not to mention sweaty, with the cutest guy in the Junior class.

After practice one day when she and Tony were dribbling around the field, Tony faked her out, but instead of dribbling the ball away down the field, he ducked back and picked her up.

"Tony!" she shrieked, laughing.

She hoped it seemed like normal flirting instead of her heart nearly stopping because of such close proximity to his muscular chest.

"What are you gonna do about it?" he taunted, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Put me down!" she yelled, drumming her hands against his back, feigning outrage.

He did not put her down, in fact he ran in circles with her to make her dizzy. Finally, when warned him she might throw up, he put her back on the ground. She promptly fell over onto the grass. He kneeled next to her, laughing.

"You ok there Beckham?" he joked. She was still far from bending it like Beckham on the field and they both knew it.

"No and it's all your fault," she said dramatically, covering her eyes. "You can fix it if you make the world stop spinning."

He laid next to her, propping himself up so he could look at her.

"I have an idea of how I could do that," he said, looking at her lips.

Her heart thudded loudly as soon as she realized what he meant. Before she could respond, she heard someone yelling her name from far away.

"Charlie!"

She sat up, recognizing Nick's voice.

"Charlie, can I speak to you for a minute?" he yelled again from the sideline, clearly pissed.

"Uh, yeah sure Nick. I'll see you later Tony," she got up off the ground as quickly as possible, brushing herself off.

How long had Nick been there, and how much of that flirt fest had he seen? He walked her off the field before starting his line of questioning.

"Where have you been? You've been ignoring my Facetimes and ditching me during lunch at school for a week, and I find you out here flirting with Tony Duran? What's going on?"

It was true, she had been ignoring his Facetimes because she was getting home late each day from all the extra practice she was doing with Tony. She had to do her homework sometime, and an hour-long video call didn't fit into the current schedule. But ditching him during lunch? He knew she had a big project due for Health class coming up, she had been working on it with Taylor all week.

"Ok you know I've been with Taylor in the library during lunch. And nothing's going on with Tony! He's just helping me get better at handling the soccer ball. Coach Dan made me starting Forward, and I don't want to look like an idiot at my first game," she said defensively.

"That didn't look like nothing," Nick responded, referring to the picking up and spinning part, obviously.

"Well it was nothing," she snapped. "Why are you even here anyway?"

"Because Charlie, I'm your boyfriend and I wanted to talk to you. It's Friday and I haven't seen you all week. Why are you acting like this?" he frowned. "This is not cool. Tony obviously was flirting with you. You can't be hanging out with him like this anymore."

She frowned back. She knew he was right about Tony flirting, but she really didn't like feeling like someone else had a say over how she spent her time. Was this what boyfriends did? Bossed you around and told you who you could or couldn't hang out with, even if you were just trying to practice freaking soccer? She had this sinking feeling that she didn't like Nick enough to stop practicing with Tony. Or do anything else he said, for that matter.

"Ok, I'm sorry Nick, you're right," she agreed, and he looked relieved until she said, "It's over."

"What!?" he yelled. "Are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes, I'm breaking up with you," she nodded. "You're right, I shouldn't act this way when I have a boyfriend, but then for me, I would rather not have a boyfriend."

He looked dumbfounded.

"I'm really sorry?" she offered, unsure of what else to say.

He just turned around and stormed off.

***Don't worry, even though she broke up with Nick there is still plenty of boy action in Charlie's future. We'll have a kissing in the rain scene in Chapter 15, but I won't tell you yet with who. Xx

ps: please remember to vote if you like the story!