Chapter 25 - "Better"

**Content warning, this chapter contains non-graphic sexual content** 

"Better" was better than Charlie imagined. She had no idea she could feel like this, or that someone could make her feel like this.

One of her favorite things to do was to go to the beach with Cassius at night. He liked to surf, so he knew the best, most secluded beach in town. Sometimes it was so abandoned that when they walked along the sand, she felt like she was on a different planet... or maybe walking on the surface of the moon. They would bring a blanket so they could lie down and look at the stars, as well as make out, until things got so heated that Cassius would have to stop it.

She rolled off him, giggling slightly at his flushed expression. He never pushed her to go further, but he would always let her know the effect she had on him. Eventually one day they would take things further. Charlie knew without a shadow of a doubt that she wanted him, in every way.

"Sometimes I can't believe you're my boyfriend," she said, looking over at him. She felt comfortable to finally admit this. They were way past playing it cool with each other.

He propped himself up so he could look at her. "Do you remember the first day of school this year?"

"Yes," she said, thinking back.

"When I saw you that day, I knew you were gonna be it for me," he said. "I had such a thing for you already."

"Omg, really?!" she squealed, delighted at this admission. 

He nodded, laughing at her reaction. "I would have asked you out way sooner, but then you got a boyfriend, and I thought I missed my chance."

"I know, Nick, what was I thinking," she shook her head. "So glad I came to my senses."

"Me too." He leaned over to kiss her.

Before things got started up again, she wanted to tell him something.

"Cash, I want you to know...that eventually I want you to be the one to, you know..." she trailed off, unable to say 'take my virginity' because she hated how dumb it sounded.

"To what?" he asked, even though the look in his eye told her that he knew.

She gave him a pointed look. He smiled, and she knew he understood.

"Not now, or anything, but when I'm ready. I want it to be you."

He leaned in to kiss her. "I want it to be me, too."

"And even though I'm not ready for that just yet," she said against his lips, "there is something else I'd like to do."

She took his hand and placed it on her lower stomach. He had already been underneath her shirt, many times, but there was someplace else she wanted him to go. He understood the hint, so as he kept kissing her, he slowly traced his hands over the buckle of her jeans. He undid the button with one hand, and slipped his fingers down until they found the spot she wanted them to find.

She could have sworn that gravity stopped worked. She floated off the ground into space to join the stars.