Pt. 6

WARNING: SOME SCENES MAY BE INTENSE FOR SOME VIEWERS 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily's POV 

Chase and I both turned to see Peter. He looked upset. "Hey we were-"

"Actually, I think you need some rest" he said quickly. Chase pulled away from me, but didn't take his cloak.

"But I'm not tired" I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"C'mon, let's go" he lifts me up gently and carries me bridal style to his tent.

Peter's POV 

I placed her down on my bed and started walking away. "Wait" her small hand took mine. "Stay until I fall asleep?" She said softly.  I was angry with her, but I wouldn't miss this opportunity. "Alright" I got into bed with her.

I put my arms around her. She snuggled into my chest. "Thanks..... Peter" she said and then drifted off into sleep. I also tried to sleep, but I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss with Chase. They seemed really close. Too close.

I wanted to push the terrible thoughts of killing him out of my mind.

Kill him, you know you want to. Kill him. Kill him. My shadow kept telling me.
I will.  I got up without waking Emily and went to find Chase.

Emily's POV 

I bolted upright when I heard a scream. I jumped out of bed and ran outside. The fire was put out and there wasn't a lost boy in sight. Another scream.

"Chase?!" I yelled. "Peter?!" I ran towards the noise. It didn't take long for me to find a lost boy.

He was tied by his wrists with rope. There was blood dripping down his face and clothing. His wrists were also red. I ran over to him.

"Hey! What happened!" I untied the ropes and he collapsed into my arms. We both fell to the ground.

I got him up and looked at his face. He had blonde hair that was barely noticeable because of the blood and dirt. He had the brightest blue eyes that were now sad, tired and scared. "Chase?" I wispered.

He tried to look up at me. His eye that wasn't swollen shut widened when he saw me. "You have to get out of here before he comes back" he coughed out dirt and blood.

"I'm not leaving you Chase, who did this to you, who's coming?" I asked.

"You have to get out of here" he said urgently.

"Chase. Who did this?" I ignored his warnings.

"Peter" he wispered. He looked behind me and his eyes widened in horror.

I craned my neck to see Peter Pan. "You did this Peter?" I accused.

He only smirked. "It's not like he didn't deserve it" he replied. More lost boys appeared behind him.

"What did he do to you Peter? You were the one who gave him a black eye!" I stood up and yelled at Peter. I held Chase upright.

"He was trying to protect me from you! I spat at him.

His eyes turned to black voids. He appeared beside me and shoved me to the ground.

"Grab him" he ordered a Lost Boy. He jogged over to Chase and held him upright.

Peter walked over to me. I crawled away from him until I hit a tree. He crouched to my level and spoke coldly into my ear. "This is for the kiss" he stood and walked over to Chase.

Peter looked back at me and stabbed him in the leg. He cried out in pain, but Peter refused to let him fall.

"Peter!!" I screamed and scrambled over to them. Felix grabbed me from behind and kept me from getting to Chase.

"Peter stop! Please! He didn't do anything!!" Peter turned his attention to me, his face darkened. He smiled wickedly and stabbed him in the stomach.

"No!!! Chase!!!" I screamed and collapsed. Felix let me go. I scrambled over to Chase before he could fall. Nobody stopped me. I held him in my arms as he was dying.

"Chase. Chase I'm so sorry" I said between sobs. I tried to stop the bleeding, but it didn't work. He held my hands. "It's o... okay" he coughed on his own blood. "Chase..." I wispered.

"L- look, look at th- the st- stars, aren't they be- beautiful" I followed his gaze to the billions of stars in the sky. When I looked down, he was gone.

He spared me the burden of seeing him die. Even in death, Chase cared about me more than his own life, he used his last dying breath to spare me years of pain. But it didn't do any good, this hurt like hell.

"Chase...?" I shook him. "Chase wake up" I wispered, then sobbed into his chest. "Chase!!!!!" I screamed. "Come back, Chase please come back!!!!" I screamed and cried until strong arms started pulling me away.

I kicked my feet, but I was too numb to do anything more. I clutched my head and screamed. "CHASE!!!!!" but he was gone. It was Peter who was dragging me away. I stood up shakily and leaned against a tree. He stood in front of me.

He put a hand on my cheek. "It was for the best" he smiled. I slapped his hand away. "How could you say that to me! Now of all times Peter! You killed my best friend! And you're happy about it!" His face darkened.

"I did it for us" he growled. I shook my head and stepped away from him.

"No. There is no "us" Peter, I thought there was some good in you, but I was wrong. I thought you were different, every time you did something good, I believed in you, but you let me down" tears began to fall down my cheeks.

He only seemed to get madder. "What are you saying?!" His voice dropped to a deadly snarl. "I hate you Peter, I hate you" I turned away from him and ran.