Pt. 7

Emily's POV 

Of course it didn't take long for Peter to catch me. I actually let him. I slowed to a walk and wipe the tears away.

Peter grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him. "What the hell?!" "You don't get to walk away from me, you don't get to run away!" He shouted at me.

I pushed him away from me and started to walk away again, but I turn around and spit at his face.

"I hate you Peter! You killed Chase, my best friend! That's all we were, friends Peter, friends!"

He swallowed and opened his mouth to speak. I held up a hand to stop him. "Dont, just don't," I tightened the ropes around my cloak. Chases' cloak.

"You don't mean that" he said quietly after a while. "You need me. You need me to survive, because without me and the boys-" his voice started rising, but I cut him off.

"Need you? Peter, you've got to be kidding me! I can take care of myself, after all, I've been doing it all my life" my voice rose as well.

"Where were you Peter?! Where were you all those times I received a beating, all those times when I was chased through the woods after school by bullys? What made that night the shadow took me any different from any other day!?" I breathed out a huff in frustration.

"So, what your saying is, you don't need us, you don't need me?" he stated flatly.

I ran my hands through my hair, refusing to look at him, or answer him.

When I looked up, he was gone.

"Poor little girl, it's just terrible, getting heartbroken by your first love" I looked around, but I couldn't see anyone.

I recognized that voice anywhere though, it was Hook. "Sorry about that love" he stepped out of the shadows.

"I dont love him, What do you want?" I asked, I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.

"What I've always wanted, that bloody demon dead" he said harshly.

We circled each other. He was dangerous, I knew that, but so was I.  "I could use your help though....".

"What do you want?" I asked, curious.

"I need someone close to Pan, someone.... like you... all I need is for you to take this knife- he pulled out a blade that was dripping with dreamshade- Peter told me about it once, it is a very deadly plant that contains a poison that can kill anyone, even Peter himself- and plunge it into his heart" he smiled wickedly  at me.

I shook my head. "I can't, I can't hurt Peter" I pushed passed Hook and began walking away.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder. I cried out in pain, but a cloth was placed over my mouth. I pushed Hook away and tried to run. He grabbed my wounded shoulder, then blew some dust onto my face.

I instantly felt paralized. But I wasnt, I could move and talk, but it wasn't me, it was something... evil..... inside of me. "You know what you have to do" I heard Hook said.

My hand moved and I wrapped my fingers around the blade. Everything inside of me was screaming to stop. It was like my mind and body were in a war, but I couldn't do anything to help, I couldn't win this one.

"What's your mission?" Hook asked.

"Kill Peter Pan" was my response, but it wasn't me, it was something..... wicked.... something.... dangerous..... dark.... and.....

Deadly.