Pt. 9

Emily's POV 

My face and chest hurt. Peter picked me up and in an instant, we were on a rocky Mountain side. "Stay with me Emily, we're almost there" he started walking. To where? I didn't know. I looked only at his eyes which were beautiful Emerald Green. Then my vision on my left eye darkened.

Peter's POV 

"P- Peter?" Emily said shakily. I looked down at her and to my horror, the dreamshade already spread to her left eye, leaving her half blind. I quickened my pace.

"It's okay, your okay, just talk to me, stay awake" she kept both eyes as open as she could, except one was a black void and the other was electric blue.

"Do you remember anything that happened while that.... whatever that was took over you?" I asked to keep her talking. I was also afraid of the answer. I didn't want her to remember anything we did together.

"Bits and pieces" she said quietly. "I remember seeing you watching me, when I woke up. I remember you coming over to sit next to me. I remember. ...... I remember..." her face scrunched up in pain.

"Hang on, we're almost there" I tried to keep the panic out of my voice, I didn't want to worry her more than she already was. We finally made it to the top of the mountain. There were dreamshade bushes surrounding an entrance to a waterfall that is one of Neverlands most powerful sources.

I set her down gently against the rocks. With the flick of my hands, the vines moved apart. I stepped through and retrieved some water into a canteen.

Then I heard a scream. I whipped around to see Emily falling off the edge of the cliff.

Emily's POV   *A few moments before*

I sat against the rocks. The dreamshade made me hazy. I watched Peter the entire time. I felt a whip of wind to my left. I turned to see the shadow with its glowing yellow eyes. I couldn't call for Peter, my throat felt as dry as a bone.

"Please don't hurt...." I started to speak.

"We don't plan to hurt you dear, we plan to make you suffer" the shadow mocked.

"Peter" I coughed.

"What?" If the shadow had eyebrows, I think he just raised them.

"I said, please don't hurt Peter" I choked on my own blood.

But now it was my turn to raise my eyebrows. "Did you saw we?" I croaked. He smiled mischievously at me. He reached his arms out and grabbed my shadow. He began to rip my shadow away from me. I screamed louder than I've ever screamed before.

To avoid anymore pain, I pushed myself over the edge onto the shadow. We both went toppling fast towards the ground. Fast. At the last second, the shadow lifted grabbed onto my arms and carried me over Neverland.

We flew over the ocean, he finally dropped me onto a ship. Hook's  pirate ship. I heard laughter all around me. I dropped to a fetal position.

I tried to look up at the faces all around me, but they were just blurred images. The sky was too bright. The sounds were too loud. Then, everything went silent.

Silence never felt so loud.

I put my hands over my head and screamed. But, there was. Nothing. I heard nothing.

Hook's POV

Pan's shadow and I made a deal. We both wanted to get rid of him. We worked together to destroy him the only way we could. By taking away his only happiness. Emily.

At first, I was very pleased with her, pleased with the outcome, her being tortured. At first I was hesitant when I agreed to helping the shadow. I never wanted anyone to get hurt, but if it meant I could leave this bloody island, or possibly get rid of Pan, I couldn't refuse.

But what I saw wasn't amusing. The dreamshade had spread too far. Half her face was poisoned, and it snaked down her neck. Her breaths were ragged and shallow. She put her hands over her head and screamed.

At first, it was just screaming, then it became "HELP ME!"

"Get me a flask!" I shouted at my crew. They handed me a canteen with water from the magic waterfall, the only dreamshade cure.

I forced her mouth open and made her drink the water.

The root like substance quickly healed. Emily's breaths turned smoother, and she finally fell asleep.

Emily's POV 

I don't know how long I was out, but when I woke up, I trapped in a small room. It had cave like walls and an opening that stretched out through an endless hallway.

I didn't feel as bad as before, which means I must have been cured. I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming or dead. I wasn't. But I had a feeling I was better off.

I had a headache, but stood up and walked anyway towards an opening. There was a long cave hallway that stretched in forever.

What if I'm forced to spend eternity in the hellish maze?

After what seemed like eternity,  I finally made it to the end. I expected there to be Neverland in front of me, or at least the pirate ship. It was neither.

It was the dark forest. Peter told me once to never go here. It brought out all your deepest nightmares and fears. It's where the shadows lived. Torturing the souls of all those who have lived and died here in Neverland.

"Long time no see" a voice said from behind me. I turned and nearly fell to my knees.

Chase.