11 A woman's worth

It was the first time in forever that Jay felt relieved and happy. Now it seemed ridiculous that he had been afraid of Cole in the first place. His husband was a good guy. 

His husband ... 

Jay smiled.

He hung the bucket he was carrying on the hook at the well and cranked until he heard the soft splash that told him the vessel had reached the water. He waited for it to fill up and meanwhile he was thinking about his new life. He had never imagined that he might get married someday. Even a regular partner seemed far out of his reach. And now? Now he had a husband, a house, a few chicken and as a big bonus he was accepted for who he was and had someone to share the bed with.

Okay, in return he had to abandon his status and was now considered as impure but to be honest it hadn't really bothered him that much. He wasn't quite sure if it was because of Cole or since he didn't mind other peoples opinions, but nevertheless he felt happy now. After so long he was just satisfied with his simple life. 

Sure, Cole seemed a bit inexperienced and therefore quite overcautious but Jay was certain the time would help him to overcome his concerns. At least Jay was quite good in pushing others egos, so he had no doubt that he was able to ease Cole's nerves and help him gaining some self-confidence.

After all he was just glad that fate had brought him and the hangman together. Not only was Cole a really good looking man, he also suited Jay's taste with his soft raven black hair and the beautiful charcoal eyes. Anyways, everyone must admit, Cole was quite handsome! He had a prominent jawbone, broad shoulders and a well trained, muscular body. Well, he was one of the most muscular men Jay had ever met and that was quite impressive. Cole was just perfect!

Jay smiled but he also felt a little bit bad that he had only thought about Cole's looks. Of course Cole also had a good heart and a kind and gentle manner too! Jay had never seen all that in one person before. And another important, maybe the most important point was, that Cole was absolutely crazy for Jay. He adored him and he read every wish from his eyes. All in all: Cole was a real godsend and Jay could consider himself lucky for being pressured into this marriage.

He smiled and felt a warm tingling feeling in his chest. It was the first time in forever he felt safe, loved and happy all in once. Oh what a lucky person he was! Cole was perfect and maybe Jay would some day love him the same way Cole loved him now. Well, it wasn't unrealistic since he'd felt a strange connection to the hangman's boy when they had first met. Jay had been really disappointed after he had learned that the good-looking guy in the forest was someone from an impure family. So he had no longer tried to become friends with him. 

He wondered how different their lives could have gone if they would have had some kind of relationship beforehand.

With a deep and heavy sigh he turned the crank and tried to lift the filled bucket back up, but somehow it got stuck.

"Shoot," he muttered, grabbed the rope with both hands and pulled, but nothing happened. He heard the water sloshing against the wall, but nothing else. The bucket stuck down there.

"Oh, hello beautiful. Seems like you need some help,."

Jay's heart skipped a beat when the unfamiliar voice spoke up. He whirled around and looked at the stranger behind him. It took a few seconds until he finally recognized the man.

"Nardakhan," he shouted and his eyes widened in disbelieve. "Why are you here? If you're looking for Master Hence you came for nothing. He's at work."

The nasty guy's eyes glimmered mysteriously and in a strange, lecherous way that caused Jay's stomach to twist painfully. Maybe he shouldn't have mentioned Cole's absence, he thought concerned. But now it was too late.