C h a p t e r T w o

Y/n's POV

We didn't even want Gold Light's treasure to be honest. We just wanted to attack a guild, but when we get something out of it, even if we don't need it, it makes us seem like we didn't just do it for nothing.

"How dare you attack our guild?!" One of their members shouted. Ah, the all time phrase. We've heard that at least once every time we've attack a guild.

"Shame," Ailani spoke, her arms crossed as her eyes roamed around the guild hall, "It's such a pretty guild hall. I've never heard of a guild hall made of gold. If it melts though, that'd be very painful now, wouldn't it?"

"You can't melt the gold! You may have taken down many guilds, but we are Gold Light. Our gold has a spell on it so it can't melt," The guild master glared.

"Is that so?" I raised an eyebrow.

I lifted my hand up, heating up the area of the gold ceiling that was just above the guild master. To their surprise, a large amount of it melted and dropped onto the guild master, trapping him to the floor. I let it solidify as it kept him bound to the floor.

Next, I pushed both my hands, making the gold melt around the guild master and moved him to the wall, plastering him to the wall.

"LET ME OUT THIS INSTANT!" He shouted.

"I guess your special gold isn't that special after all," Jagger laughed.

"You get the honour of getting front row seats as we destroy your guild," I smiled and then smirked at the guild members that surrounded us, "And your members of course."

"They're stronger than they look, you know! They're going to beat every single one of you-!" The guild master began, but there was a loud thud.

Our heads turned and we saw a few of the guild members already unconscious, or dead, on the floor. It left the air feeling thick, and from that we already knew it was Talon's Air Conjuring magic.

"Oh, sorry was I meant to wait for you to finish your pathetic speech?" Talon asked, "My bad."

"He's right, why should we wait? We've heard this so many times anyway from previous guilds, so unless you're going to say something that's actually different, we'll do you a favour and save you from the speech," Ailani laughed.

"You can't do anything to us," One of their guild members glared.

"What makes you so sure of that?" Ailani's eyes glowed intimidatingly. Suddenly the guild member who dared to speak froze. His eyes looked vacant and then he started shaking. His unblinking eyes filled with tears and he started yelling.

"S-STAY BACK! S-S-STAY B-BACK!" He shouted, his eyes not looking at anyone except the imaginary nightmare that only he could see.

"Let's see..." Ailani spoke as her eyes continued glowing, "Apparently, he's scared of serpents. Let me show you all what he sees to see what your reactions are."

Suddenly, a large green serpent appeared. The width of the snake's body was around our height. It was probably up to a hundred metres long. I forgot Ailani could project a realistic image of people's nightmares. I think it requires quite a lot of magic energy which is why she hardly does it. It was enough to set the guild members into panic though.

"It's fake," Another guild member declared and shoved his hand into the body of the imaginary nightmare.

"Of course, you guys are really a weak dark guild huh? All you can do is project things," They jeered. Ailani clicked her fingers and the guild member from earlier stopped yelling and just dropped. Dead or unconscious? Probably dead.

I was a little agitated because they were really out here talking trash about our guild when their guild master is currently moulded into a wall, and a few of their guild members are dead on the floor.

"I don't think we're the ones that are all talk," I chuckled. Then I punched the serpent projection. It lost its transparency and solidified into a real animal.

Cobra/Erik's POV

A snake? No. It was a type of snake, but not a normal ones. A cobra? Couldn't be. It feels much larger. I can sense it.

Jellal and Meredy didn't come with us because they were working on getting any extra information they could on this dark guild. The rest of us were going to try and fight them.

Racer kicked down the door. We definitely expected fighting, but not this kind of fighting. It was brutal. And loud. So many screaming voices.

But it all stopped when everyone turned to focus on us.

"Oh? Now who are you guys?" One guy with black hair turned around with a smirk. I spotted the Bloodfall guild emblem on his left shoulder, "Come to join the party? We're almost near the end of it though!"

"End of it? You're still surrounded by a lot of wizards!" Hoteye commented.

"I can help with that," One of the girls with dark red hair chuckled. The screams reappeared and increased in volume. I had to cover my ears, it hurt so badly, like my ear drums were being torn out.

When it stopped, I managed to open my eyes after having them shut from the pain. Over half of the members of Gold Light were now unconscious...or dead. I can't hear a single heartbeat from them.

They're crazy powerful. They could've destroyed this guild already if they wanted to, but they haven't. They're just playing around with them.

I'm going to try and listen to the snake. Where is it? I turned and looked around. That's when I saw it.

The gigantic green serpent in the corner of the room. It was surprisingly calm and not violent at all. It was curled up though, as if it was waiting for something.

"You like the serpent? You strike me as a snake guy," A girl stood in front of me, catching me off guard. I didn't hear her. She probably has a mind blocker spell or something.

She looked very innocent and to be honest, she looked harmless, but something told me to not underestimate her. If she's a Bloodfall member, she's definitely not harmless.

"It doesn't seem to be doing much," I commented.

"Oh really? Let me give you a little show then," She laughed darkly. The serpent suddenly shot out, grabbing about ten of Gold Light's members and started ripping them apart, "Sorry, the serpent hasn't been fed yet so he's a little hungry, I'm sure you and your friends will satisfy its hunger though."

When she said that, the serpent swallowed the dead members and then looked at us, its eyes gleaming.

It was going to come straight for us.