Chapter 8

Chiron was worried for Hunter's fate, his grandmother (Gaia), was a cruel ruthless mother. Gaia would do anything to achieve her goal, and her goal is uncertain now. The Titans were her favorite, but the Gods overthrew them. She must be angry and wants revenge.

"Chiron," Clarisse shouted, she was a good girl, loyal, brave and she befriended Beauregard and also Hunter, they were the inseparable three, "what would happen with Diana, you know, being the whole daughter of Gaia stuff?"

"Clarisse, please don't shout Mother Earth's name out loud." Chiron sighed, this camp is hard to lead without Dionysus creating threats to keep order. "I don't want the entire camp to know."

"Yes, Chiron." Clarisse's eyes were red, it was evident she has been crying. She is the one getting hurt all the time, Luke, Silena, she was close friends with them and now Diana "betrayed"? She must be doubting friendship right now.

"Well, I predict that Mother Earth would either revenge on the gods or bring the titans back. Hunter would be the key factor, she would be Mother Earth's chess piece, in a sense. She would be controlled or at least heavily influenced by her mother, Mother Earth... I doubt that she would be able to resist, she has looked forward to knowing her mother after all."

"No, no, no... Diana, Chiron, please, let me go out and find her, I can't stay in camp and wait for her to turn into a monster, not like Luke, no. I can't bear to lose another friend. Silena, Luke, now Diana... Chiron please..." Clarisse begged.

"Well..." Chiron was amazed, for he have never seen Clarisse beg before, she was only so depressed when Chris Rodriguez, her crush and now boyfriend, went crazy. "You can go, but I would officially announce this in the next meeting, and you will go see Rachel Elizabeth Dare after this. Take two companions with you."

"Thanks Chiron," Clarisse went back to her usual haughty self, whipping away the tears that were slowly dripping down. "Can you help me tell anyone who asks me where I am that I'm in the Big House? I don't want others to see me like this."

"Okay Clarisse." It hurts me to see the half-bloods like this, each on each other's nerves, friendships broken, treachery right across the corner, and Hunter... I have to admit, this was something new. A half-blood that's the daughter of Gaia? Not so common.

Clarisse walked out of Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the Oracle's Room, her face was ashen and pale. Chiron cantered over to her when he saw her and nodded.

"Well? What was the prophecy?" Chiron inquired.

The Daughter of Ares shall fight her friend,

The last blow shall cause the final end.

Four would go to the Land of Monsters,

To survive, they have to find the waters.

The Great Hero of Olympus rises,

The Last Night of Olympus surprises.

Clarisse recited. She was pale and slightly shaking, "Chiron, what does the 'final end' mean."

"I am sorry, Clarisse, but I think that one of you has to kill the other."

"But my whole quest is to find her and bring her back, not kill her!" Clarisse stared in grief.

"I'm afraid that Apollo doesn't agree. Now, Clarisse, it mentions 'Four', who would you take?"

Clarisse stared regretfully at the Cabin of Poseidon, "I need to find the waters, and Perseus is the only one who could help me. As for the other two, " She stared at Annabeth Chase, who was sitting besides Percy, "I doubt that Anny would stay behind without her boyfriend, so her and Chris."

"Chris?" Chiron questioned. "I have a feeling that only three would come back. Are you sure that you want to bring Chris?"

"Yes, I want to die seeing both Diana and Chris. I would never kill Diana, so I must be killed." Clarisse muttered sadly. "And I want my boy friend to know. And, you never know when you need a thief along!"

"Son of Hermes, tell me Clarisse, have Chris ever stolen something from you?" Chiron chuckled as he tried to lighten the mood.

"Well, if you count my heart, then yes." Clarisse grinned. "I got to go tell Chris, can you help me tell Percy and Anny?"

"Yes Clarisse. Prepare well. The Land of Monsters await you." Chiron reminded her, "Pack well."

"Yes Chiron, I will." Clarisse walked over to the Hermes Cabin, looking for her boyfriend, Chris Rodriguez.

"Hey, Mary!" Chris called from the campfire, "Looking for me?" Chris winked at her, grinning from ear to ear.

"Chris Rodriguez. How many times do I have to tell you, my name is Clarisse La Rue." Clarisse pretended to scowl at him, before bursting into a smile herself.

"Aww, Rue, come on. You know I'm joking, right?" Chris smirked. Clarisse punched him in the shoulder, lightly.

"Ow. Rue, what's that for?" Chris rubbed his shoulder, pretending to be hurt, until he burst into laughter. "You can't even hit me!"

"Oh, come on, Chris, we have to go on a quest, you know. And I'm the leader." Clarisse sat besides him, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Oh, Commander Rue, what can we do without you?" Chris laughed again.

"It's not funny." Clarisse stared into space, "I think that I would die."

Chris shut up immediately. "Rue, not funny."

"I mean it, Chris. The Oracle says that... says that... that I would fight my friend and one of us would die. We are going to find Diana, and... and... and Diana is... is... my best friend. I... I can't kill her." She started crying into Chris' shirt.

"There, there. Clarisse La Rue. I forbid you to die before me." Chris gently held her up. Come on, do you want to go the Ares Cabin or mine?"

"The Forest." Clarisse said, shakily. She wiped her tears away and walked with Chris to the Forest.

"Chris, you know that it would never really work out, I mean between you and me. We are demi-gods and we... it's hard to survive." Clarisse whispered gently.

"Clarisse, listen to me, whatever happens, I would always be there for you. I can't lose you..." Chris and Clarisse both knew the "too" there.

"Chris, we are going with Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase." said Clarisse, all back to business.

"Really? Rue, you choose the Great Hero of Olympus to come with us, wow, I feel honored." said Chris sarcastically.

"The Great Hero of Olympus..."

"What was that?" Chris inquired; he was sure he heard Clarisse mutter something about "Great"

"Nothing, just thinking." Clarisse instantly recovered.

"Oh, come on, keeping secrets from your boyfriend?" Chris drawled, as he pulled Clarisse closer to him.

"Chris, I swear I can't stand you sometimes." Clarisse sighed.