Chapter 18

DIANA POV

I replayed the scene in my mind over and over again, watching numbly as my mother helped me to go back to my room.

His friendly smile, gazing at me like I was the center of his world.

His frightful gaze, staring down at me as I collapsed to the pain.

His shattered eyes, the hurt and betrayal in it evident, I shuddered at the recollection.

This is why friends are meaningless. Mother told me. Just like Perseus' fatal flaw, personal loyalty. She said the name with distaste, understandable as he was the one who killed her. Not because he might sacrifice the world for them, but because of the pain it would bring when betrayed. But I was the one who betrayed him, who committed this atrocious act. Oh, my daughter, you have much to learn. She hissed as she led me towards my room. I'm just going to take a little nap, be good for the next week. She disappeared from my head as I collapsed on my bed, my eyes returning normal.

The door creaked open.

ANNABETH POV

Who did that man think he was? Son of Apollo, coming over and then correcting us, before saying that the gods didn't know everything, even if that was true, I'm surprised Lord Hermes or Lord Zeus haven't blasted him yet.

Perhaps it's about the deal which he made with Apollo, I'm going to ask him some time or another.

"Annabeth?" I heard Percy call, looking at me with confusion and concern, I smiled internally while I glared at him.

"Can't you see I'm thinking, Seaweed Brain?" He paled drastically and I smiled, nearly laughing in his face at his expression.

"Aw, Prissy is scared." Clarisse mocked, full out laughing as Chris looked as us bemusedly, since he was standing behind Percy and didn't see his face.

"Wha..." Percy stuttered, probably didn't realize what just happened, being the Kelp Head he was.

"You are hopeless, come on, we have to find Diana." Clarisse growled, turning from laughing to serious in a second as Chris groaned.

"Whenever you get serious, someone's going to get hurt, who are you angry at, Rue?" Chris asked, pulling Clarisse but she shook him off.

"None of your business." That wasn't such a nice thing to say to your boyfriend. True to my word, Chris pulled away, his eye's shining with sadness.

"Is Diana more important to you than me?" Chris asked, his voice suddenly cold.

THIRD PERSON POV

Olympus was cheery, everyone enjoying the day.

However, the Throne room was gloomy, incredibly so. The Gods were staring forward at the screen in front of them, fearful at what they were seeing.

They saw their children being taken away by monsters, some by hellhounds, others by dracaena, what's worse, they were laughing and happy to be with them. They followed them by their own will.

"Why..." Poseidon croaked. He found out Sally was dead, killed by his own son. The guilt threatened to consume him, the seas reflecting Poseidon's mood, it has been raging for a long time already.

"We have to do something!" Zeus growled, but when he saw Hera's angry face, no doubt at him for having affairs with other women, he quickly added, "We can't let demigods die, we as gods need them."

"We have the quest." Apollo offered meekly.

"The quest which says my daughter will die?!" Ares stood up, contrary to common belief, he really liked Clarisse, the potential she has...

"Final End could mean something else, like the end of Gaia's uprising." Athena analysed.

Ares slumped back onto his chair, still angry at everyone.

"Apollo, what did your deal with Jonas exactly contain?" Athena asked, completing the favour Annabeth pleaded with her to do.

Apollo turned white and he gulped.

"Well?" Artemis asked, the two twins were not at the best of terms, like every other sibling.

"Umm, well, you see..." Apollo stuttered, as the majority of the council started glaring a him.

"Apollo?" Hera asked icily, still not accepting the various god and goddesses in the council, specifically, Athena, Artemis, Apollo, Hermes and Dionysus. After all, they are the children of Zeus but not her.

"I, I erased his scent." Apollo stammered out and slid down his throne making himself small.

"You did what?" Zeus roared. There was only one spell which could erase a demigod's scent and it would sacrifice a huge part of the said god's power, to a minor god, it could be fatal.

"He was powerful, he was the one son in this entire decade who possessed a part of the Oracle of Delphi in him and he his healing were excellent, it could rival me! He couldn't even set foot outside Camp Half-Blood without the monsters finding him. What's worse is that the monsters would include the Python, who for some reason, seemed to be able to reform as long he could sense the Oracle of Delphi outside Delphi! Rachel is okay as long as she doesn't say a prophecy outside of the borders, and even then, it's not for a long enough period to summon the Python." Apollo ranted.

"Apollo." Hermes tapped him but Apollo ignored him.

"Do you know how it feels like to see your son at the mercy of your worst enemy? Have you ever felt the desperate prayers that your children send to you, asking for help, asking if he could finally leave Camp Half-Blood, to see his family without hurting them? Have you ever felt the ache in your heart, watching... watching him cry on his bunk, because his best friend died from the Python, which he decreed as his fault, have you..."

The tears were streaking down his face by now.

"No, you don't understand, you don't even care." Apollo screamed and flashed out.

"Yes, I understand, Percy... Him against Kronos and Gaia." Poseidon whispered as he too disappeared in a breeze of sea air.

"Council Dismissed, Hermes, wait." Zeus shot a bolt of lightning at the sky and the gods disappeared one by one.

"Yes father?" Hermes asked.

"How long have you known this?"