Sweet Family Moments

September brought a chill to the air, A new album underway for both Mia, and Chris and Sawyer all registered to start school Monday morning. Peyton had been keeping busy. She had also been in touch with Katie to check in on her first week without Peyton and things were running smoothly out in LA.
Herself and Brooke had taken care of the school shopping since the morning sickness was hitting Haley extra hard. It was fairly easy since Jamie knew what he needed. With dozens of bags between each of them, she was sure they had done the job right. Especially since Brooke took care of the wardrobe part. "You know, I can't wait to do this with the boys." She said excitedly as they walked around the shopping center with Jamie and Sawyer in tow.

Lucas had been working extra hard on getting his final edits from his publisher finished by Monday, and he was due to fly out after Sawyer's first day of school. Speaking of school, Sawyer had indeed, become obsessed with the idea of 'big kid' school. She had even begged Jamie over one of their family dinners to go with him to his class, afraid she wouldn't make any friends. "Hey. You'll be okay. I didn't think I was going to make any friends  either on my first day. But I made so many! The first day is always the hardest." He said in a confident tone, as they ate together. Since that night, she had asked Peyton on more than one occasion if she could repack her bag and re choose her first day outfit.
Sitting down Sunday night, Peyton brushed through Sawyer's hair, something they did frequently. It had been a favored thing for Peyton when she was younger, too.  "Alright Sawyer, I think that this is the last time we pick a new outfit, and no more taking things out of the book bag, okay? You need sleep for your first day, Bug, or you won't be able to learn anything." She bobbed her head, but stayed quiet. Putting the brush down on the comforter as she realized Sawyer was crying. "Hey, hey, what's going on? Why the tears, did I hurt you?" Sawyer shook her head, and using her pajama sleeve she wiped at her face, turning  toward her mother. Her sad blue eyes were enough to nearly break Peyton's heart. "What if Jamie isn't right and they don't like me?" Peyton pulled her closer to her chest and ran a hand down Sawyer's head. "Jamie's a very smart kid - like Aunt Haley smart, he knows what he's talking about. I promise you, tomorrow will be okay. You think you can sleep now?" "Will you stay until?" She asked quietly. "I'll stay until you're asleep, deal?" "Okay momma." She shuffled in next to Sawyer on the twin bed and they snuggled in, Peyton reached over to flick the switch on the beside light.
Lucas had shut down for the night, and exited the office. Checking in on Sawyer, he found his wife and daughter cuddled in for the night. He smiled to himself, watching them for a moment the way he had when Sawyer was a newborn and they had opted to co sleep. He shook out of the memory and closed the door over careful not to wake them.