Chapter 12: Never Say Never

Previously…

“So, um how long have I been here?”

The amusement disappears from his face only leaving worry as he looks down then back up at me. “A year…”

Well damn… At least sleeping beauty has nothing on me.

Chapter 12: Never Say Never

Dakota’s POV

“What do you mean a year?” I say looking at him with wide eyes.

“I mean exactly I said.” A sudden warmth squeezes my hand. “You’ve been in a coma for a year.”

“How did I—”All the event that happened pasted through my mind as I remembered. Rejecting him. Meeting Tiffany. Finding out about Marley. Doing sorcery. Meeting the moon- Aurora. My wolf… A burning warmth fills my eyes and I can’t help but feel weak and fragile at the thought of not having my wolf. A struggled sound of a cow dying fills the room and I wander where it comes from till I realize it came from me. The tears flow and my sobs rip through me showing every bit of pain and loneliness I feel. Warm weights that feel like home surround me.

Warm lips kiss my temple leaving a tantalizing spark of calmness to run through me. The warmth moves and brushes against the edge of my left ear. “What’s going on?” A whisper that sounded so pained and confused, yet strong and loving. I wish I could answer but if I open my mouth only sobs will come out. I feel myself calming down but still have endless tears falling down my face.

A sudden bang fills the room causing me to pull back and look around the room till I notice my father standing at the door with his eyes gleaming red. Aw shit. It’s about to go down…

His eyes travel to mine that are probably red and puffy and he freezes in place. I take the time to examine him while he is in a immobile state. I notice about a hundred grey hairs on his head that weren’t there when I last saw him. Looking down I see his tired droopy eye and a permanent frown on his face. His slouched shoulders screamed depression. I stop my eyes before they go any further. I don’t like seeing my dad like this, I’m use to his usual confident and powerful self. All I see right now is a frail and worried father.

I notice when he unfreezes because his worried and sad face turns into one of anger, but not at me. His eyes shift to Blake confirming my thoughts.

“What. Did. You. Do. To. Her.” He’s trying to fight back the urge to shift I can tell. His voice was that of his wolf. His wolf didn’t like that when he finally sees his pup after not seeing her function for a year, he walks in to her looking upset. While his eyes stayed gleaming his canines started to protrude along with his nails. Shit, I better do something before he hurts Blake.

Blake is tense and doesn’t move as I pull his arms off from around me. Both their attentions are focused on each other. I need to get to dad so I can calm him down. I slide my legs to the left side of the hospital bed to touch the cold floor with the sole of my feet. My arms push me up and steady me when I wobble. My entire body is numb and my muscles are weak but I have to reach my dad.