Chapter Seven - The £50 Note Begins A Journey

Ethan, Ethan, Ethan.

 “Save it.” I sighed.

“NO. You’ve got all this wrong.”

“How have I got this wrong? I received a picture, along with hundreds of text messages. Why do you keep doing this to me?” I shed a tear.

“I’m not.”

“Forget it Ethan, I can’t be dealing with this.”

“Then let’s sort it.”

“Well then tell me one thing, why do you keep doing this to me? We get close and become good friends, and then you’ll ruin it and hurt me.”

Silence, “I knew it. You’re just like everyone else.” I said walking off.

“I’m afraid of losing you.” Ethan burst.

I stopped, “Losing me? Why are you ruining my last day?”

“Yeah, I get so close to you then I can’t get you off my mind and I worry I’m going too fast and loose myself causing me to do something stupid. And wait what, last day what’s that supposed to mean?”

“I’m leaving, Ethan.”

“Where to?”

“San Francisco.”

“For how long?”

“Forever.”

“Forever?”

“Forever. Goodbye Ethan.”

We ate through our meals with more laughs being passed around. I was mainly being embarrassed at my stupidity years!

As the waiters collected our plates and took our dessert orders Carlos and Sydney handed me a bag.

“This is just a little thank-you for being a great friend these years and being great company. We’ll really miss you Bri!”

“Oh guys!” I smiled hugging them.

The group created a scrapbook with a collection of cuttings we shared. It had photos of us all, print screen’s of conversations, and other various things that made me laugh throughout the years.

“This is beautiful!” I smiled. “I’m going to miss you guys so much!”

“That is not all!” Amira said. “Here, take this.”

I was handed a Pandora bag. Inside was a Pandora charm; not just any Pandora charm but a unique personalised charm. It was a clear glass bead and ‘Paddington’ written in black.

“There’s no way of me forgetting this place now, hey?” I laughed.

“Not a chance!” Rav laughed.

11:30PM, “We should go.” Sydney said.

“Indeed. I’ll miss you guys SO much; I still can’t believe I’m leaving you all!” I said getting into a group hug.

I awoke the next morning early for the airport. I never thought I’d be so sad to leave London. I’ve surprisingly loved it here. I’ve always wanted to go up America and I finally was yet I was so unhappy about it. I think I was unhappy about it considering I wasn’t told about it and everything was rushed.

As we checked in, I heard my name being called repeatedly.

“Lover boy calls.” Savannah teased.

“Shut it.” I snapped. But she was right. No one knew about Ethan and me nor did Savannah, but I have spoken about him a few times so she must have worked out a little something.