Chapter 2 - Daily Life 2/5

When Juro wakes up the next morning, it's because of the announcement disturbing his dreamless sleep. He hesitates, staring up at the wooden ceiling, before managing to muster up the motivation to get out of bed. It's hard, going through his morning routine today, with the dark memories still weighing him down. While his talk with Ryoko last night helped, it couldn't cure everything he was feeling, and he hadn't expected it to anyways. A part of him isn't exactly looking forward to the group meeting either, where emotions and tensions usually peak, especially now that Kaori and Youta are definitely not on the same page regarding this topic. Plus, he would have to explain his absence at dinner last night. Either way, he should go. There is no point in hiding behind locked doors in his room for eternity.

Taking a little longer than usual, Juro manages to prepare himself and heads to the main building to meet up with his remaining classmates for breakfast. He thought he would be late, but when he arrives only the people who usually get here early are present. Ryoko spares him a glance before she turns back to her cards in a split second. Kenji and Chinami are sitting across from each other and talking, while also trying include Arisa in the conversation.

Juro draws a breath and sits down next to Youta, who looks like he hasn't gotten proper rest in ages "Good morning, Fukui-kun."

Youta flinches slightly "Oh, sorry. I hadn't seen you yet. Good morning." The natural healer's face mask moves in a way that suggests a smile is forming, but his eyes remain tired.

A part of Juro wants to ask if he is alright, but he doesn't exactly want to push the topic and force Youta to recall the memories of what took place yesterday. Still, he should let him know that he's not alone. The sketch artist sighs "Y'know, we can make some small talk and get your mind off what's bothering you. But if you need to talk to someone and get it off your chest, I'm here." He offers a smile.

Despite the tired look in his eyes, Youta's smile brightens slightly and his expression relaxes. He nods "Thanks, Sasaki-kun. Just... small talk sounds nice."

Juro smiles and nods "What are some things you like?"

The natural healer falls silent for a moment before responding "Other than my talent? I enjoy hiking, especially in environments with beautiful nature. According to my parents, I also have an odd obsession with tea, like them."

"I don't know many people who'd list tea as their main likes, so they might be right." Juro chuckles "I agree on liking the outdoors. I obviously like art and get way too excited by art museums."

"No surprise there." Youta smiles lightly "You're an artist after all."

More people arrive and when Jihun enters the room, he quickly runs up to them and almost latches onto Juro's arm "Juro hyung, where were you yesterday?! We were worried!" The maknae says loudly with tears in his eyes.

"I kind of fell asleep while drawing." Juro admits, rubbing the back of his head "I'm sorry for worrying you. I'm okay now."

"See, I told you he'd be okay, little Jihun." Minoru smiles and pats Jihun's head.

Eri rolls her eyes at the interaction, crossing her arms while she looks around.

"Eri noona, are you alright?" Jihun releases Juro and turns to the doll maker, holding his sleeved hands up to his chin "You were very sad yesterday? Are you happier now?"

"I'm perfectly fine." Eri responds with a slight huff.

Minoru gives her a look "Eri..."

She elbows him in the side, although it's not very harsh "Yes, Minoru, I'm definitely the very embodiment of everything nice and happy." Eri mockingly does jazz hands "Go and be flattered."