A Fresh Start

Chapter 24

Taliah's P.O.V

Jai bursted in, at first I was shocked. The stupid nurse, he must've figured her out. Stupid, stupid idea Taliah. Geez why did I let myself get into this. All I wanted was Jai but here he was right in front of me and I didn't feel pleased.

"You know, there's a door for a reason. So you could at least make use of it and knock!" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Good to see your well," he said. "I was worried sick, everyone is. They all think your in a coma."

"It's a long story," I sighed, he sat down down right by my bedside.

"I've got time," he tried to smile but I could tell something was bugging him, his usual comforting smirk wasn't there anymore.

"Don't we all." He looked at me expectedly. "I'm not saying until you promise me something."

"What is it?" he asked cautiously. His eyes flickered with amusment so I could tell he was slowly giving in.

Before I could say anything he leaned in and kissed me, short and fast but long enough for it to keep repeating in my mind.

"What was that?" I asked almost shouting as he pulled away.

"Your lips were teasing me," he shrugged cassually.

"I-I have a boyfriend," was all I could stutter.

"Well, dump him for me," he said. I was shocked, he really wasn't kidding. "You know you want to."

He cupped my cheek, "Please."

He was right, as much as it hurt to admitt so he was right.

I called the nurswe to come in and told her to tell her family and friends that I had awaken and I was in stable condition.

I even got to have a walk around the hostpital.

A couple of days past and I was free. I had called Jai to pick me up but before I could leave I had one more thing to do.

"I'm leaving," I said, I could tell Harry was distraught. He just looked so hopeless. 

"I shouldn't have led you on like that, it was so stupid of me. But now I'm sure of my feelings now. And it's sad for me to say but my plans in the future do not include you." I took a breath, goodbyes were always hard. "I'm sorry," I whispered softly.  

I walked away, away from the threatening path. The path that could've killed me. But something held me back. 

"Harry, let go." His hand was wrapped around my arm, grasping it like it was dear life. 

"At least tell me who," he said. 

"I think it's better if you dont know," that's when i walked off and nothing held me back, as I reached the sedan that pulled up. I opened the door and sat down, facing the one who was certain to be in my life forever. 

"You know, I never stopped," he said, eyes twinkling. 

"I didn't either," i said meeting his shocked gaze. "I just forgot." 

Jai smirked, it felt normal, it felt...right. 

I was where I was supposed to be, the worse had come to an end. My days of playing with guys feelings were over.

---

I guess this is the end. ahhh :(