Chapter twelve:

The next day at school goes by fast and before long, I'm leaving the school again and walking towards the street. "Can you tell me the plan? I mean...it is my murder we're solving" Cam says. "No. Look don't worry about, you're the ghost, I'm doing the hard stuff just stick around and watch" I tell her.

She sighs. "Fine" she emphasises on the word. We continue walking until we're back at the house. "Ready?" I say, eyeing up the house. "Yep" she says. I walk up to the door and I press the doorbell again, waiting for a answer.

The door unlocks and I'm welcomed by a man, dressed in a suit, clearly drunk and was old looking. "Mr Montgomery?" I ask. He nods, looking me up and down. "Yep. Are you Avery?" He asks and I nod. He opens the door wider and lets me in. "Take a seat" he spits, pointing to the couch.

"What did you want?" He asks, taking a sip from his whiskey. "I came to talk to your wife about my best friend Cameron who was tragically murdered last month by someone who hasn't been caught and she was last seen outside your house across the street and I was wondering if you saw anything?" I ask, knowing full well that it was him, I just wanted to see if he was gonna be heartless and lie.

He sucks his teeth and thinks for a moment. "I saw a girl trip, and some man come to fix her up and then they went off" he shrugs. I nod my head. "I see...may I use your bathroom please?" I ask. He nods and points upstairs.

I head upstairs looking both ways before heading into the main bedroom. "Did you find anything yesterday?" I ask, snooping through their stuff. "No, but I didn't check the closet, take a look in there" she says, pointing to a door. I head to the door and open it and begin to shuffle through the mess.

"Oww" I Yelp, a book falling on my head. "Check that" Cam says and I pick it up, stilling through, making me shocked. "Cam, this book is full of pictures of you"
I tell her, showing her a page.

She clasps her mouth

She clasps her mouth. "No fucking way" she mutters. "There's pictures of you in a school, pictures from our school year books, how did he even find this stuff?" I ask rhetorically. "What do we do now?" She asks. I don't answer and walk straight down the stairs.

"Mr Montgomery, would you please explain to me as to why you have a picture book of my deceased friend?" I ask, holding up the book. He looks up at me and the colour from his face drops. "Put that down" he yells, throwing the glass on the floor before storming towards me. He pushes me towards the wall and I yell in pain.

"Listen you little bitch, you're not gonna say a word to anybody, you piece of shit" he spits, holding me up against the wall. "Oh yeah...and what?" I snap. He tightens his grip around my throat. "You'll get what happened to your friend" he whispers in my ear.

He lets me go and I catch my breath. He paces around, holding his chin. "I think it's best you leave" he tells me, trying to grab the book. "No...I think I'll keep this" I tell him, putting my foot down. He stands away from me and I walk out of the house, storming down the street.