Chapter fifteen:

We return back to the woods, and my feelings are all over the place. "Why do I feel like this? I feel so mixed...like sad and happy" I ask, clutching my chest.

"That's normal, don't ask me why, or just makes you feel that way" she assures me, a small smile on her face. I nod and wipe down my clothes. "What are we gonna do?" I ask as we leave the forest. "I don't know..." I muttered, staring out to the parking lot.

"Should we go to his house?" She asks. I look at her. "Is that what you want?" I say. She doesn't say anything. "I'll figure out a plan. But I can't do it on my own, I'm bringing Grayson with me" I tell her, grabbing my phone from the pocket of my jeans.

"Would he believe you?" She asks. I nod, putting the phone to my ear.

'Hello?'

'Hey, I need to come pick me up, I'll explain everything to you in the car, just come and get me from the town woods

He hangs up the phone and I head to a bench, placing myself down.

Grayson pulls up and I jump into his car. "Okay, are you gonna tell me what this is about?" Grayson asks, turning around and driving again. "I know who killed Cameron and Chelsea" I blurt out. "W-hat?" Who?!" He asks shocked.

"This guy, Jeffery Montgomery" I say. "How do you know?" I explain to him about the book and as we pull up the house, we rush out of the car and into the house, ignoring our parents and heading straight into my room where I go into my closet and get the book and shove it at Grayson.

He goes through it, a look of sick and fear in his eyes. "What...the...fuck?" He spits out. "It has his name on it, we need to go to his house and stop him" I tell her. He slams the book shut. "Where is this place?" He asks. I tell him everything and before long, he heads into his room and returns, holding a hammer.

"What's that for?" I ask, my arms crossed. "This man is dangerous, we need protection" he shrugs. I roll my eyes but choose to say nothing before we stomp dow the stairs and head down to his car.

"That's it. That's the one" I say, pointing to the house through the window. He parks up and we sit there for a while. "You ready?" He asks and I turn to face him, nodding.

We get out of the car and I tell Gray To hide the hammer in his jacket and I knock on the door. "Hello Avery, lovely to see you again. And I see you've brought company" Melissa beams, nodding her head at Grayson.

"It's nice to see you too, Melissa. May we come in?" I ask politely. She nods and leads us in to the familiar house. "What can I do for you two?" She asks, grabbing her large glass of wine.

"Mrs Montgomery, me and my sister have reason to believe that your husband Jeffery had something to do with the murders of Cameron Chadwick and Chelsea Nicholson...or in fact, was the reason for their murders" Grayson blurts out.

I grit my teeth at him but then turn to face Melissa, who looks confused for a second before she bursts out laughing. "I'm sorry dear but I believe you are very much wrong" she says, sipping her wine.

I shake my head. "I'd like to show you this" I pick up my bag and hand her the book of Cameron's pictures. She flicks through it, colour draining from her face. "Oh dear, oh god no" she says, before falling to her knees; I stand to help her up and I place a hand on her shoulder.

"I know this is shock for you but you need to breathe. I need you to take your children and yourself to the police station and then go somewhere safe" I tell her. By this point, she's hysterically hyperventilating before her fast breathing turns into laughter.

"Oh...my...goodness. You actually believed that" she sneers, looking up at me. I turn to Grayson confused; she stands up and claps her hands, a smirk clear on her face. "Surprise" she sneers. The