Chapter two:

"Morning sweetheart" my dad beams, his older face showing me a smile as he cooks the bacon on the stove, wearing his Gordon Ramsay apron. "Morning dad" I reply back.

I go to kiss my mom on the head as she reads her fashion magazine. "Morning beautiful, good sleep?" She asks. "Yeah" I say, pouring myself a glass or orange juice. "Yo, pour me some" Grayson yells, raising his hands. I look at him and shake my head.

"Dad, tell her to make me some" Grayson bitches. Dad takes a sip of coffee before sighing. "Grayson, you're 20 years old, if you can drive all the way from California state to come see your family, you can use your legs to get you some juice" my dad tells him.

Grayson huffs and crosses his arms, looking like a child. "Fine" I sneer at him before taking my seat and taking a slice of toast. "Where's Cameron?" Mom asks. "Getting ready for school, I guess" I shrug.

"Hmmm, invite her over" dad suggests. I pull out my phone and get Cams number up.

Mom and dad wants you to come over for breakfast, get your big booty down here

No sooner after I send it, I get a message back, saying that she wouldn't miss having one of Stevens cooked breakfast and was near the house already. I smirk and put my phone down as my dad plates up the food.

"Morning Mitchell's" Cameron yells, bursting through the back door and slamming it behind her. Her beautiful curly hair looked extra pretty today, she was wearing a usual face of makeup and a red top, the same leather jacket of me and a pair of ripped jeans, along with some doc martins.

"Morning angel" my mom blows her a kiss and Cameron pretends to catch it. "Yo Mr M, how are you?" She asks, giving him hun fingers. "Cam cam, good to see you, it's been too long" my dad jokes at the irony as he saw her two days ago.

They high five each other and she comes over to me, embracing me in a hug.  She lets go of me with a smile until she sees Grayson and stands there for a few seconds before blowing a raspberry at him. "Oh grow up, Cameron" he spits, with a mouthful of food.

Cameron really was apart of the family, having known each other for our whole lives made it easier and the pair of them were like brother and sister. "Wow this smells amazing" she beams, inhaling the smell of bacon and scrambled eggs.

"Well you're welcome at any time" my mom assures her. "The girl comes here most days mom, I think she knows that" I laugh. "Thank you Laura, it means the world" Cameron says with a mouthful of food. I smile at her.

We finish eating and as we hand our plates to our dad, I check my phone. "Let's go" I say to Cameron. We say goodbye to the rest of the family and link arms as I grab my bag and head out the door.