Chapter eighteen:

"Is she gonna be okay?" A voice asks. "She's lucky to be alive...but she's gonna be fine. We need her to stay in for a few days to make sure her condition stays stable" another voice replies.

I feel my eyes flutter and I open them, my vision blurry but able to see I was in a gloomy hospital room. "She's waking up" my mom says, a hint of happiness in my fathers eyes. They rush to my side and my mother begins to caress my hair as my dad kisses my hand. "Thank god you're okay" my mom cries.

"Am I okay? I'm not dead?" I ask, forcing some weal laughter throughout the room. "No you're not dead, you're very much alive" the doctor laughs, grabbing his notepad before heading out of the room. As I look back and forwards from my mother and father, I look at the corner of the room where Cameron is stood, smiling and shifting awkwardly.

I clear my throat. "Would it be incredibly rude if I ask for some food?" I wink. "Of course honey, we won't be long" my mom kisses my head and grabs my fathers hand. "Lets give her some space" my mom mutters before they head out.

"Why did you send them away?" Cameron asks, smiling as she heads to the bed and sits just before my legs. "I didn't want to be sent to some to some crazy hospital" I wink, joking around causing Cameron to laugh. "So...what's happening with the cuckoo couple I ask, causing her to exhale.

"They've both been arrested; kids have been taken into protective custody and it's not looking good for them but perfect for me and Chelsea and obviously you" she assures me. I grab her hand and tightly hold it. "So...what does this mean now?" I ask. She blows some air. "I guess I'm gonna have to head upstairs to the promise land" she shrugs.

I look down. "Do you have to go?" I ask. "I'm not needed here anymore, if I stay, I'm just...setting myself up for hurting, being jealous of everything that the people I love are doing that I'm never gonna be able to do myself" she reminds me. I nod, feeling the tears fall from my eyes.

"Take my hand" she says, placing it out to me. I look up, puzzled. "Just do it...trust me" she assures me. I grab her hand, squeezing her hand and closing my eyes. "Open your eyes" she tells me and I open them, stood in the same place I had all that time ago.

"Wow...this place is still beautiful" I beam. Cameron smiles at me, still clutching my hand. "Is it selfish for me to still want you to stay here?" I ask. She chuckles. "No...I think if the roles were versed, I'd ask the same thing" she assures me. "But like I said, I need to be able to move on from earth as I don't want to cause the hurt of seeing you all move on...and I'm not needed here anymore" she reminds me.

For the 100th time, tears fall from my eyes. "I'm gonna miss you" I say. She comes forward, grabbing my other hand. "I'm gonna be watching over you all the time...don't you worry" she winks, laughing as tears fell. We embrace each other in a hug. "Can you promise me something?" She asks and I nod on her shoulder.

She lets go, holding my inner arm lightly. "I want you to finish school, go to the Juilliard, become a Broadway star, go to London and meet the entire Harry Potter cast, find a hot man, even better if it was Tom Felton, have kids and just...live your life" she asks of me. I nod my head viciously. "And I can assure you of this...I will be by your side through your ups and downs, I will be stood beside you, holding your hand, you just won't be able to see me" she says, a smile on her face.

I scrunch up my face, crying and she embraces me in a hug. "Come on, you're gonna be okay" she assures me. "I'm just gonna miss you so much" I tell her. "And I'm gonna miss you too. But I'm always gonna be here. And if you ever need anything, I'll send down a sign" she tells me.

We stay there for a few more money's before she lets me go. "I have to go now but I love you with every inch of my heart Avery, don't ever forget that" she says. She lets go of my hand and turns forward where a flash of light and some brief stairwell greets her, a different one from Chelsea. As she goes to see to the first step, she stops herself and face me.

"Goodbye Avery Leticia Mitchell" I start to shake lightly. "Goodbye Cameron Adelaide Chadwick" I start to cry even more. She nods her head and slowly makes her way up the steps. "Say hello to Grandpa Kurt and Grandma Margaret" I raise my voice, which is all shaky. "I will" she whispers, not in sight"

I stay there for a moment, unable to do anything. "Thank you for being everything I aspired to be" I mumble.