Chapter seven:

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the life of death of a Miss... Cameron Adelaide Chadwick; a young female taken far to long but has now joined god and his angel in heaven" the priest says.

Everything was silent; family and the friends of Cameron were scattered around, barely able to holding on. Tessi and Mark couldn't stay strong, Tessi was holding on to her husband, crying her eyes out as the priest spoke; I, on the other hand was staying strong.

It had been almost a month since finding Cameron's body, that feeling knowing that I would never see her again stayed with me and I barely left the house, I was no longer happy.

I knew that Cameron would kill me if I didn't dress my best so in her honour, for the first time in a long time, I wore the black dress that showed some cleavage that matched the one she was wearing in her coffin; it was the only one I had but I wore a cardigan and tights so I didn't look like a complete whore.

"Now, we have Avery Nanci Mitchell, Cameron's best friend who would like to say a few words" I was given the spotlight and as I walk towards the front of the casket and I look down at her funeral program.

I take a deep breath and face the group of heartbroken people. "I wish we were all here on better consequences" I tell the group. I take a deep breath and continue on with my speech. "Cameron wa-...is my best friend. We knew each other our whole lives and I remember the first day I truely remember our childhood friendship: 7th May 2010, me and Cam were 5 years old and this boy was giving me grief...he kept pulling my braid and I remember Cam came stomping over, wearing a Minnie Mouse costume and she actually got some sand from the sandpit, put it in a bucket of water and threw it over the boy; he went away crying"

The group starts to chuckle and I look down and smile, holding onto my tears. "And then was another time last year, when I got my first heartbreak. I saw my boyfriend at the time, kiss another girl, I called Cam, she came to my house, got me ice cream, candy, you name it, she got it and we just sat around, in my room, watching movies and then when we were back at school and the same guy tried to talk to me, she threw soda over his face" the crowd starts laughing again.

I inhale one last time. "But...now I know that those things will never happen again: I will never be able to do things like that again with her, I won't see her marriage, her having kids...but I know that she will be up there now, smiling and thanking us for being so strong on this sad yet celebration" no one said anything as I look down at her casket with a rose on.

I kneel down and touch the brown box. "I love you Cam cam, I promise to make you proud" I say, barely holding back the tears. Mark puts his hand on my shoulder and leads me back to stand, embracing me. "She would have loved how brave you are" he whispers to me, warming my heart.

"Thank you Avery for that wonderful reminiscing speech" he smiles at me. "Now for a Miss Tessi Chadwick, who would like to recite the only poem that  Cameron liked" he nodded his head and Tessi walked forward, her plump body in a suit dress with a hat on.

"If I had just one more day...
I'd tell you I loved you.
I'd tell you I need you.
I'd tell you that you were the best thing that ever happened to me.

If I had just one more day...
I'd give you that one last hug.
I'd give you a kiss goodbye.
I'd give you my world.

If I had just one more day...
I'd show you how much I really loved you.
I'd show you why I loved you.
I'd show you why I NEED you.

If I had just one more day,
it would be okay for you to go away.

My life is so lost without you here.
Please come back, for just one more day..."

This broke me. "I'm sorry, I-I can't do this" I say, turning around and running away, tears falling as I held my eyes, running into the woods; mine and Cams safe place where we went when we needed a break.