Chapter nineteen:

10 years later

"So that's final huh Fred?
Yeah, I'm afraid so Roxy
Oh Fred... (Oh Fred) Yeah
Nobody walks out on me
Sweetheart!
Oh don't sweetheart me, you son of a bitch
Roxy!
I gotta pee
No, I'm no one's wife
But, oh, I love my life
And all that jazz
That jazz"

I finish off the high note and raise both arms in the air and stop them from moving anymore as the music finishes. The beaming crowd jump up, clapping their hands and yelling. I throw down my hands, laughing in shock and tears of excitement and joy fall down my face as the curtain begins to close.

"Andddd that's a wrap on Chicago, ladies and gentlemen" the director yells. The cast begin to yell with happiness. It was the end of another show after 6 months of hard work. I embrace my agent in a hug.

"Your husband and kids are in your dressing room" she smiles at me as I take a sip of water. "Okay, I'll see you at the after party" I kiss her on the cheek and head down the stairs where my husband Ryan was sat on a couch with our 7 year old son, Dylan and our 4 year old daughter Maddie. "Mommy" the kids beam, running into my arms.

"My babies! Did you enjoy the show?" I ask, rubbing down Maddies hair. "Yeah" Dylan beams. I let the kids go and wrap my arms around Ryan's neck. "You looked very sexy" he beams, placing a kiss on my lips. "Why thank you" I wink jokingly.

I sit down at my dressing table and stare at a quote, placed in a frame.

"Sweetie, we're gonna head to the restaurant, you coming?" Ryan asks, picking up the kids

"Sweetie, we're gonna head to the restaurant, you coming?" Ryan asks, picking up the kids. "I'll be there in a second, I'm just gonna change" I smile. They leave the room and stroke at another picture of me and Cameron at aged 4. "It's been 10 years since you took the stairway up to heaven" I say, talking to the picture.

"I hope I'm making you proud Cammy" I say. A knock on the door disturbs me as one of the crewman enters the room. "Mrs Hart, there's a note here for you" he says, placing it on the coffee table. "Thank your Robert" I smile as he leaves my room, removing my earring and the shirt black wig, placing my robe on before opening up the note.

Im proudest of you always, thank you for not breaking my promise

Your best friend