Chapter sixteen:

"Mrs Montgomery-" she hushes me, placing her finger onto my lips. "You seriously think my stupid husband would murder your little friend on his own behalf?" She chuckles at me.

My fear turns to anger. "You...you told him to do it" I stutter out. She nods her head and sits on a chair. "You see...I knew Cameron. She was a very pretty girl, I work with her mother and we were quite good friends...well until she stole my job offer" she shrugs it off, waving her glass around.

Grayson just sits there, unable to talk. "I slapped her and told her she'll pay in any way shape or form. So, I told my stupid husband that he either kills Cameron or...he never sees his children again because I'll kill him" she says.

I clench my fists in full anger. "You killed an innocent girl because her mother, who earned that job promotion, got it instead of you" I ask in disbelief. She claps her hands, slowly and sarcastically. "Ding ding ding, we have a winner" she says.

She stands up and comes close to me, leading me to punch her in the face. She falls to the ground and Grayson grabs ahold of me. "You need to go" I tell him.

"Are you fucking crazy? That crazy bitch will kill you" he yells. I force myself out of his arms. "Don't worry about me, go to the cops, leave the hammer here" he protests but I tell him to go and he does, removing the jacket and handing me the hammer.

"I love you" he whispers to me, kissing me on the forehead. I repeat the words and he runs out of the house and I turn around, hitting the hammer lightly on my hand.

"You're an idiot" she chuckles, wiping the blood away from her nose. "You had the chance to escape and you didn't...you're a bigger idiot than I knew" she sneers. She jumps up and lunges at me, grabbing the hammer away from my hands.

"How do we kill you then, huh?" She asks, siting on top of me. She puts the hammer up above her head, aiming it at me. "Do it" I whisper with no fear. She sits there, still not doing anything. "DO IT YOU FUCKING PUSSY" I scream. She opens her mouth but the sound of a child's voice stops her from speaking.

"Mommy" a voice calls. She looks up and I push her off of me, lunging up and into the hall where a little girl, no older than 8, stood at the steps, dressed in her pyjamas, holding a teddy bear. "What's your name?" I asks softly

"Skylar" she mumbles. I grab her hand. "We need to hide, Skylar, lead me to your brother" she doesn't say anything and just leads me up the stairs and I can feel Melissa storming up. "He's in there" she tells me. I kneel down to her. "Go into the bathroom and wait for me and your brother" she nods and follows my orders as I go into a blue room and pick up the tiny body.

"Momma" the boy mutters. I soothe him and pick him up before running to the bathroom and locking the door. "What's going on?" Skylar asks, afraid. "Don't worry just take your little brother into the tub for me" I place an nervous smile on my face.

"Kids, mommies coming, don't worry about that mad girl in there with you" she yells, in a cheery voice. She goes to open the door and discovers it's locked. "DAMMIT YOU LITTLE SLUT OPEN THIS DOOR NOW" She yells, kicking in the door.

I look around for some type of weapon to protect us. "Shhhh, it's okay Louis, mommy's just a bit scared" she soothes the little boy who's crying with terror.

Melissa begins stabbing through the wood so I prepare myself, clenching my fists. She finally kicks down the dork and she looks like a mad woman, her eyes red like the devil had possessed her and her hair was crazy.

She goes to lunge at me but i leap out of the way, running down the stairs and I go into the kitchen, scrummaging through the draws for a knife. "Ave, are you crazy, that bitch will kill you" Cameron says, anxious. I ignore her and continue looking through when I find the draw and get it out.

"I have to do this" I tell her. I start walking into the main room and she follows me. "I should have to do something" she mumbles. I look at her and before long, she leaps up and spins, falling down again. "What the hell?" I ask. "Don't question it" she tells me before she goes up the stairs, me following her.

She stands up at the top of the stairs and once I get up there, Melissa stares at her, eyes and mouth wide open.