Chapter thirteen:

"Thanks for the help, bestie. We had him right there and you didn't even help" I snap, walking down the street. "Hey don't blame me, what could I have done?"  She says, following me. I stop and turn to face her. "Don't you have the power to...possess people?" I ask.

She shrugs. "I don't know" "then you should have tried" I yell. A man with his young son stop and stare at me and I blush, putting a smile on my face before they continue with their day.

"Why are you having a go at me? I'm the one that's dead" she says. "Yeah and don't I hear the end of it" I scoff. "Watch your mouth" she warns me. "You know what...screw you. Stay on earth, I don't care. I don't want to see you again" I tell her. The words come out and I instantly regret it. "Cam I'm-" she puts her hand up to stop me. "Okay, if that's what you want. I won't bother you anymore" she says glumly.

I go to speak but she just walks away and disappears. "Dammit, why would I say that?" I mumble.

*****************
It had been a month since I'd last seen Cameron. I didn't even see her walking past anywhere; at school, when I went places...nothing. Police still had no idea that I knew who the murderer was and I still took to the threat Mr Montgomery had warned me with.

"Avery, come downstairs sweetheart" My mom calls to me as I sit on my bed, in my own world. She knocks on my door. "Come on sweetie, we need to talk to you" she says, nodding towards the stairs. I sigh and stand up, following her down to the dining room. "Okay so...you know about about Chelsea Nicholson?" My dad says. I nod and look to the fridge and see the missing poster of the girl.

 I nod and look to the fridge and see the missing poster of the girl

"Well sadly...they've found her body" the colour drained from my face. 'He did it' I think. "H-how did she look?" I ask gulping. "Bad state. From what we've been told, her stomach had been cut open, revealing her intestines, pretty gruesome" my mom tells me, sipping her coffee.

"I'm gonna go for a walk" I tell my parents. They look at each other as I throw my jacket on my back. "Be back before dark though honey" my dad tells me. I give him a half hearted nod before I rush out the door, heading to the woods.

"Cam. Cameron come out" I yell, looking around, desperate for her to come out. "This is important, I need you here" I yell out to the silent woods. "What is it?" A voice says, causing me to jump and turn to face them. "There you are, why didn't you come when I first called you" I ask.

"Because I didn't tell like being under your wrath" she snaps and I sigh. "Look...I'm sorry for being an ass to you that night but we need to put whatever we have aside because guess what....Chelsea Nicholson's dead. I think Montgomery has something to do with it" I tell her.

"I know she's dead...and I know it was probably him but she won't talk" "wait...you've seen her?" I ask and she nods her head. "How is she looking?" I ask. "She's fine. She has her intestines" she assures me and I sigh.

"Is there a way that you could bring her to me?" I ask. Cameron thinks for a second before her eyes pop out of her head. "I've got an idea.