Chapter 48 - Spain

Esteban was turning the big 5-0. He wanted to celebrate his birthday with his family and friends in Spain. The guest list included Carmela and Camelia with their entire families, Darlene, Amanda, his kids, Ana and David, Crystale and Wyatt, Blair and Ivan and Robert and Janelle with their daughter. He had more shocking secrets to reveal.

They flew into Madrid International Airport the Friday before his big day. Then, Esteban arranged for four H155 helicopters to fly them to his home on the southern coast of Galicia. When they landed, they couldn't believe their eyes.

Esteban owned a castle. It sat on a mountainous cliff overlooking the ocean. The property spanned just over a hundred acres with a small vineyard that had a panoramic view of the countryside. There were acres of gardens, fruit trees and a small golf course. The exterior was made of light cast stone with fourteenth century spires and Neo-gothic facades. The interior kept with the fourteenth century theme and had several floors. Each of the thirteen bedrooms were called apartments as they were large in size and included everything an apartment would.  

Because they got in kind of late, they just wanted to relax and check things out.  There was so much to see.

The following day was Esteban's birthday. They spent most of the day on one of his yachts. There was a small marina on his private beach that housed several of them. And although it was chilly, the weather was beautiful. They all had a blast. 

Later that evening, everyone went to change.  Esteban planned an elaborate dinner party. He wanted everyone to meet his special guest.

Lola and Mauricio were the first to come down.

"Oh my God! You look just like her," said a man approaching Lola. "You are so beautiful. A spitting image of her."

Lola smiled and said, "Thank you, but who are you talking about?"

"Your grandmother."

"You knew my grandmother?"

"Yes."

Esteban introduced him as Marcos Alonso.

As the others trickled down, they adjourned to the dining room. It was so beautifully decorated and there was enough food to feed an army.

Esteban introduced his family to Marcos Alonso. Then, he asked them if Marcos Alonso could tell them a story about himself as they sat to eat dinner. They didn't mind.

When he was just a young man, Marcos Alonso and his father often traveled to other countries. His father wanted him to learn the family business as he was his only son. Cuba was one of the countries they often visited for business. While there, his family always stayed in the best suite at Copa Havana Hotel in Havana. It was the most prestigious hotel at the time. Not to mention, they had the best entertainment. Every night, there were live shows with lights, music and dancing. Plenty of showgirls hit the stage with their over-the-top costumes and choreographed performances.

One night, Marcos Alonso sat in the audience enjoying the show. Halfway through, a beautiful young lady came on stage and performed a solo. He was mesmerized by her every move and had to have her. However, there were hotel rules about showgirls fraternizing with guests. Showgirls were considered top of the line and off limits. So, they weren't allowed in the cabaret situated on the other side of the hotel to fulfill any sexual pleasures guests may have had. If these rules were broken, the women would suffer major consequences. But Marcos Alonso didn't care. He went after what he wanted. He requested that the young lady put on a private show just for him later that night. The hotel obliged after he paid big bucks. However, he was not to get involved with her because they came from different social classes. She was poor. He wasn't.