Chapter 4 - Shopping

It was a typical hot and humid afternoon in Miami. Lola was headed to one of the best places to shop...South Beach. She went to one of her favorite stores on Washington Avenue, Milly's on the Beach. It was this vibrant and chic boutique that carried all the latest fashions, amazing retro looks and accessory pieces that embellished any outfit.

She drove her Escalade into valet. She didn't want the hassle of trying to find a parking spot. An attendant ran over and opened her door. She tipped him after he helped her out.

Lola got out looking fabulous wearing a short, white halter dress that had a floral lace design on top and a pleated chiffon bottom. She grabbed her white Prada bag and slid her Prada sunglasses down from on top of her head.

As she walked towards the store, she saw Blair's pearly white Benz CLS 500 and Crystale's purple BMW Z4 parked near valet.

"Hey, Milly. How are you?" Lola asked loudly as she walked in making her presence known.

"Hi, míja. I'm fine. How are you?"

"I'm great," said Lola giving her a hug and a kiss.

Lola had been shopping at Milly's boutique for about four years. Everyone knew that was her "go to" spot when she had a hot date and wanted to impress him. Sometimes, she was there every other day.

"So, who is he this time?" asked Milly curiously.

But before Lola could get another word out, her friends dragged her to the sitting area in front of the changing rooms.

"Come, come, come and sit, sit, sit," said Blair patting the sofa cushion next to him.

"Spill it, girl," said Crystale.

Blair Anon was her 26-year old, gay male friend who stood 6'0" with the most dreamiest blue eyes and jet black hair. He was a beautiful Brazilian with a tan-colored complexion, slender build and all the fashion diva a best friend could ever want.

Crystale Harris was her 25-year old, light-skinned Creole and Dominican female friend. She had caramel hazel eyes, pouty lips and long, dark red hair. She stood 5'7" with a shapely figure.

Lola told them the story of what happened on the plane as she tried on clothes. She definitely told them about the kiss.

"So, that's why I have to look spectacular tonight," said Lola coming in a gold, mini dress with the back out.

"Next!" said Blair snapping his fingers.

"It's nice," said Crystale. "But not for tonight."

"Definitely not. Next!" Blair said again.

Lola went back into the dressing room to try on another outfit.

"So Lo...what if he doesn't show up tonight?" asked Blair.

Crystale immediately pinched him for saying that.

"It's ok, Crystale," said Lola hearing Blair's grunts. "I've thought about it. And it'll just be his loss if he doesn't."

Lola came back out in this floor length fuchsia dress. This form fitting, strapless dress had a thigh high split and jeweled detailing. She loved it the minute she tried it on.

"I like the dress, but it's not the right one for tonight," said Blair.

"I know, but I'm getting it anyway. I like it, too," she said looking at her backside.

She came out a few more times in different outfits and nothing was working. She wanted something scandalous, possibly red and that grabbed attention. And showing flesh was always a must.

Blair and Milly went around the entire store looking for items Lola could try on. They came back with lots for her to try on.

This time when she came out, she was smiling.

"Damn, girl! You almost make me wanna go straight with all that ass," said Blair making everyone laugh.

"You look sexy as hell, Lo," said Crystale shaking her head. "I sure hope he comes."

"Me too, girl...me too."

Next was Crystale's turn. She had to find something to wear as well. Lola didn't want to see her in another hospital scrub or hair in a ponytail.

"You're not a med student tonight, Crissy. You're a sexy hot mama who's goin' to the club and showing off some ASSets, if you know what I mean. And I don't want to hear shit about Derrick," said Lola.

"Yeah...no conservative, doctor-to-be bullshit tonight biatch. It's all about the grown and sexy and being a rebel," said Blair snapping his fingers again.

Crystale knew Lola and Blair meant well. So, she entertained them and tried stuff on. Lola and Blair found her the perfect outfit.

After selecting their clothes, shoes and accessories, Lola didn't hesitate to pull out her credit card and pay for the $13,000 bill. She loved spoiling her friends. They were the closest thing to a brother and sister she had. And Milly loved her always spending money in there.