Chapter 49 - Lola's Princess Wedding

A few weeks later, Mauricio and Lola were getting married at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and Resort in Boca Raton. This prestigious venue was known for its signature weddings and luxurious accommodations for the wedding party and out-of-town guests. 

Lola reserved the two-story Presidential Suite on the twenty-sixth floor of the Tower. This beautiful penthouse suite had three bedrooms, marble flooring, full kitchen, media room and a grand piano. She also had the best view of the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean. 

Lola requested early morning spa services for her entire wedding party. Their package included full body massages, body wraps, waxing, facials, manicures and pedicures. Then, the ladies got ready in Lola's room where a team of stylists and make-up artists were ready to beautify them.

A pre-ceremony cocktail hour began promptly at 4:00 p.m. for Lola's on-time guests. It took place on the terrace at the Yacht Club. Uniquely shaped white sofas with mirrored cocktail tables filled the space. Gorgeous white floral arrangements were on display. Seven foot albino floral sculpted peacocks fashioned the white banisters and entrance. And her guests enjoyed music, glasses of champagne and a limited variety of appetizers.

One of the biggest reasons Lola chose the Waldorf was the Cathedral Room. The hotel designed, built and staged a building to look like a cathedral. This made it possible for guests to have their wedding in a church-like setting without any religious hassles.

As guests poured into the Cathedral Room, it was lit up in red. Large red floral trees were situated near guests seating. An abundance of red fabric draped the entire room, including columns, pillars and the baldacchino. Elaborate red floral arrangements on different sized pedestals created the wide center aisle. Giant chandeliers, hanging candles and tons of draping crystals made the room sparkle.

Lola reserved limousines for the bridal party and a white 1956 vintage Bentley for herself. Even though the ceremony was on the hotel's premises, she wanted photos and video of their arrival.

The ceremony began promptly at 5:00 p.m. All of the men looked dapper in their custom made white Ermenegildo Zegna tuxedos with 5-button jackets and white Prada shoes. Mauricio wore all white, including his boutonniere. His jewelry was custom-made by Graff. He splurged on a sparkling 20-carat diamond watch, a 14-carat diamond bracelet and 3-carat diamond studs for each ear. The groomsmen wore red vest, tie and handkerchief while EJ wore the same thing in gold. The groomsmen wore gold Rolex diamond watches and 2-carat diamond bracelets that Mauricio gifted them. 

The bridesmaids wore red ball gowns. Their satin bodices had sweetheart necklines with floral appliqués and intricate Swarovski crystal detailing. The satin and chiffon ruffled skirts layered into a chapel train. They wore red Stuart Weitzman with diamond-encrusted heels and ruby Indian-styled jewelry sets that Lola gifted them. A very pregnant Crystale wore a gold, satin halter dress with a fully beaded top and chiffon layered over the satin. Her gold Stuart Weitzman pumps had a low heel and Lola gifted her a gold Indian-styled jewelry set.

When Celine Dion's 'Love doesn't ask why' came on, everyone stood to their feet. The doors opened and six flower girls began the procession.  They walked down the aisle releasing red rose petals as Lola stood at the door with David and Esteban on each arm. Mauricio's eyes watered when he saw her.

Lola wore an original princess ball gown designed by Yumi Katsura for her ceremony. It was big and extreme. The white, strapless gown had a sheer corset with a sweetheart neckline and heavy crystal and pearl detailing. The fully bustled skirt had voluminous bubble hems cascading down into a cathedral train. Her diamond-encrusted shoes were by Christian Louboutin; her hair was worn in a high curled bun with a princess tiara; and Lola's custom made jewelry was by Graff as well. Her double-strand collared necklace totaled 125-carats. Each strand had round, pear and emerald cut diamonds with hanging strands of diamonds and pearls in platinum. The 20-carat chandelier earrings had the same craftsmanship as the necklace. She also wore over 30 carats in different diamond and pearl bracelets.

The ceremony took about forty minutes with prayers, scripture readings and the exchanging of their own vows and wedding bands. They exchanged similar 5-carat round and baguette diamond Eternity bands in platinum.

Lola's 350 guests were escorted to the hotel's luxurious styled garden for the cocktail hour while the wedding party took pictures. It was a very romantic setting with white sheer panels, multitudes of white candles and white rose petals that covered the entire lawn. Guests mingled as they enjoyed the open bar and an array of appetizers.

The Venetian Palace Ballroom embodied regal elegance mixed with contemporary charm. This grand room had coffered ceilings, arched glass wooden doors and thick marble Roman columns that emanated old world class. Large windows with posh window treatments overlooked the ocean. And guests sat underneath a sea of large crystal chandeliers that hung from the ceiling. 

Lola added everything red, including ceiling draping, intricate floral arrangements with draping crystals, table dressing and uplighting. Her 4-tiered red and gold damask cake had its own area and sat on a table covered in red rose petals.

The entire wedding party changed. The groomsmen wore white linen suits with long sleeve Guayabera tops. The bridesmaids slipped into red, fitted halter dresses with rhinestone embellishments and thigh high splits. Mauricio changed into a white Prada suit and Lola's dress was scandalous. 

Zuhair Murad designed her second dress. Her red, sleeveless, high collared neckline dress had an elaborate floral patterned bodice with beaded embroidery on sheer silk. The skirt was feathered with a waist-high split on the side.

Lola and Mauricio heard whistles and screams as they entered the ballroom as newlyweds. They went straight to the smoked filled dance floor to dance to N Sync's Spanish version of 'This I promise you'. Then, Marc Anthony's Nadie Como Ella came on. Lights flashed as they danced salsa. Their bridesmaids and groomsmen joined them for a choreographed routine. It ended with confetti shooting out all over the room.

Lola changed for the third and final time. She wore a fully beaded and pearled, white fitted halter dress with a plunging V neckline and thigh high split by Vera Wang.

During dinner, EJ and Crystale stood up to make their speeches. Blair, Wyatt, Robert, Ana, David and Esteban also said a few words.

After, Lola and Mauricio's friends had an announcement.

"Good evening everyone. Can I have your attention?" said Blair tapping the microphone.

"We're here because we have a very special surprise for our friends," said Wyatt.

A waiter took them an envelope.

"We'd like to present the couple with a ten-day Arabian honeymoon," said Ivan.

"First, you'll spend three days at the Banyan Tree Resort on the private Island of Maldives. You'll enjoy an ocean villa while in a sanctuary of relaxation," said Crystale.

"Then, you'll jet off to the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai for seven days. You'll enjoy seven-star luxury amenities and great shopping," said Wyatt.

"There are some romantic surprises for you along the way. And PLEASE...come back pregnant," said Blair being funny.

Everyone laughed and cheered as the newlyweds went over to hug their friends.

As the party was happening, Mauricio pulled his wife close to him.

"I love you, Baby Girl," he said.

"I love you, too, Baby," she said.

"You're stuck with me now. You know this is forever."

"That's how long I want to love you, Baby."