Chapter 41 - Crystale's Wedding

The day had finally come for Crystale to get married. Her dream wedding venue was the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables. This historic, but legendary resort accommodated all of Crystale's wedding needs. From the Al Capone suite to the courtyard ceremony and grand ballroom reception. She had it all. Not to mention picturesque garden backgrounds for captivating photos.

Crystale's favorite color was purple. So, it was incorporated with black and white to create an elegant and romantic courtyard ceremony.

The altar was an enormous garden arbor with intricate metal detailing accompanied with Roman columns, a gazillion flowers and lots of fabrics. White Chiavari chairs with black cushions and purple chiffon sashes filled the courtyard. There were purple, white and black floral arrangements everywhere. A purple and black aisle runner with lots of candles created the pathway to the altar. There were lots more candles, purple uplighting and custom-made lanterns for lighting. Also, the fountain water was purple and the tall lighted trees and plush gardens added beauty.

As the wedding party lined up, Mauricio and Lola saw each other for the first time in a few weeks. They just stared at each other and smiled. It was obvious their hearts couldn't grasp being siblings. She loved this man and missed him desperately. And Mauricio looked and felt the same way.

All of the men in the wedding party wore black Calvin Klein tuxedos. Wyatt wore all black with a black tie and a white boutonniere. The groomsmen and best man wore purple ties and purple boutonnieres.

The bridesmaids wore two-piece, A-line dresses with a halter neckline. The tops were purple satin with a black satin skirt. A black lace band wrapped around their torsos with a purple ribbon around the lace. The matron of honor wore a black lace, scalloped halter top with a side bow and a long white, satin skirt. Their bouquets were made of black and purple mini calla lilies.

The ceremony began promptly at 6:00 p.m. Music played as each couple made their way down the aisle.

Then, the purple part of the aisle runner was lifted leaving a black runner for Crystale to walk down. Her two hundred guests stood to their feet when Because you loved me by Celine Dion played.

Crystale slowly appeared on her father's arm. Wyatt's eyes watered. She looked so beautiful in a custom made Badgley and Mischka wedding dress. It was a fitting A-line, halter dress with a half back. The bodice was satin and covered in crystal beading. The skirt was a ruffled organza taffeta that cascaded down into a chapel train. Her hair was down in cascading curls with a Swarovski crystal double headband. She wore a more extravagant diamond droplet necklace set with earrings and bracelets to match. And her bouquet was made of black, white and purple calla lilies with Cymbidium orchids and crystal pins all over.

The ceremony lasted just under thirty minutes. They exchanged their own vows and Cartier wedding bands.

The guests were escorted to the second floor patio area for the cocktail hour while the bridal party took their pictures. Crystale and Wyatt included a white 1964 Rolls Royce Cloud III in their photos. Lola and Mauricio also took pictures together.

The reception was a grand event as it took place in the Granada Ballroom. High ceilings with hand painted art, Roman styled architecture and expensive crystal chandeliers embellished the room. Purple pinched satin tablecloths with black satin chair covers and purple satin sashes dressed the furniture. Huge purple, black and white floral arrangements sat high as centerpieces. Candles, menu cards and favors sat on the tables. Purple lighting illuminated the room. And their four-tiered cake with purple satin bows and rhinestone initials topped it off.

Lola felt a mild pain in her stomach as they waited for the bride and groom to enter the room for their first dance. It didn't last long, so she didn't worry about it.

All the guests stood to their feet to clap and cheer as the newlyweds were announced. They immediately went to the smoke-filled dance floor. They danced to Michael Bolton's When a man loves a woman. This was Wyatt's favorite song and he dedicated it to Crystale.

After their dance, Crystale changed into her second dress made by Monique Lhuillier. It was a fitting, white satin halter dress with a sweep train. The deep V neckline met at the wide band of crystal beading wrapped around her upper torso. It was the only bling on the dress. It was simple, but elegant.

Mauricio and Carla made their best man and matron of honor speeches as dinner was being served. Lola, Blair and Robert also said a few words. Then, Lola, Blair, Mauricio and Ivan made an announcement.

"Hi Everyone. We have a special announcement to make," said Lola over the microphone.

"Mr. And Mrs. Whitfield...we have a special surprise for you," said Blair.

"We are gifting you the best honeymoon ever," said Mauricio.

"We hope you like it," said Ivan.

A waiter handed the newlyweds an envelope.

"For your honeymoon, we got you a ten-day trip to Greece. The first two nights you'll stay at the Hotel Grande Breta in Athens. You'll enjoy gourmet cuisine, 24-hour hotel amenities and experience Greek culture," said Lola passing the microphone.

"Then, you'll spend the next four days at Hotel Cavol Tagool in Mykonos. You'll enjoy luxury, comfort and style while indulging in the endless blue ocean," said Mauricio.

"And you'll spend the last four days at Androni's Luxury Resort in Sanorini. You'll bask in relaxation while enjoying the hillside city view," said Ivan.

"This all-expense paid trip is filled with lots of romantic surprises. So, relax, enjoy and oh...don't come back pregnant," said Blair making a joke.

Everyone laughed because they knew she already was.

"Congratulations!!!!" they all said together.

Everyone clapped and cheered. Crystale and Wyatt got up and hugged them all. They were very surprised and very grateful.

As the party got started, Lola's pains grew progressively worse. Mauricio saw her in a corner balled up and went to her.

"Baby Girl, you okay?" he asked.

"No. My stomach hurts really bad," she said hunched over.

He picked her up discreetly and took her outside the ballroom. He quietly went and got Ana. She asked him to take them to the hospital. From the sound of it, Lola was losing her baby.