- Chapter 9 -

Ring.

''Ah, Sykkuno, you're a little late,'' Ludwig said. ''Hi, sorry about that. I found a stray dog, and Rae brought me to the animal shelter.''

''That's nice,'' Ludwig asserts, smiling. ''Bring the dog next time. Seriously, dogs are the best.'' Sykkuno nods,

''How should I ask Ludwig about this?'' he wonders.

Ludwig was at the counter, reading. He looked back up to Sykkuno when he saw him staring. 

''You seem troubled? Do you need anything?''

There was a moment of silence.

''So, about the anchors.''

''Oh yeah! They're just used to symbolize working in the castle or having any connections with it.'' Ludwig interrupts. ''I'm in the anchors myself.''

''Yeah, I know Ludwig, but what about the raids!?''

''I see.'' was all he could say.

''Don't go spreading it around.'' Corpse had said. But Sykkuno needed to know. ''I've heard The Anchors do some uh... pretty bad stuff.'' he begins. ''That sounds so stupid! Get it together!''

''What kinda bad stuff have you heard of...'' Ludwig questions. ''Well, I've heard about raids and...-''

Sykkuno looks up to lock eyes with Ludwig. He was strangely glaring at the brunette with slight mistrust. ''These raids, if they were true. What do you think about them?''

''It would be quite awful...''

''Why does it feel like this conversation is going nowhere?!''

''Why don't we chat about it then?'' Ludwig asks, ''Oh really? Shouldn't I get to work?''

''No, no, you have a week to work on the medication.''

Ludwig leads Sykkuno into a large room. In fact, it was the same room Sykkuno took his training in.

The two of them sat down together side by side, ''How much do you already know about The Anchors?'' Ludwig asks. ''And, be honest with me Sykkuno,''

Sykkuno sighed. ''I was told a large majority of The Anchors participated and supported raids, I just wanted to make sure you weren't one of them...'' Ludwig raised an eyebrow. ''I didn't know how to ask you, so I just blew my cover for trying to be subtle.''

''Well, Sykkuno, you don't have to worry about a thing,'' Ludwig reassures. ''Have you heard this? A small minority of The Anchors-''

''I know, I've been told.'' Sykkuno smiles, ''Who told you?''

''They told me not to tell actually...''

''It'll be good for me to know,'' Ludwig says. Sykkuno stops and thinks. He couldn't betray Corpse's trust like that, but he believes he can trust Ludwig.

''A friend of mine,'' Sykkuno responds. ''What was your friend's name?''

''I don't think it would be right for me to tell you.''

Ludwig nods and sighs, ''Come back here later today. We can discuss more this with more privacy at night.''

Sykkuno nods and walks out of the room. A single drop of sweat falls from the side of his forehead. He quickly wipes it off with a tissue from a tissue box sitting on Ludwig's desk. ''That could have gone better, but at least Ludwig seemed calm. He also doesn't seem like an evil kind of person, so that's good. Ah, but who am I kidding! I basically just betrayed Corpse's trust. What if I just explain it to him? He won't be mad, I think.''