- Chapter 23 -

Cadáver was sitting in the library reading Shakespeare as his professors requested him to do a formal analysis on a play of his choice. The stories were alluring in his mind, though he always found that they had some form of misery written within the pages of words. The prince would never wish for an event to happen to himself. It would put him in a more prominent depression than he already is.

Concluding it's time for a break, Cadáver walked outside for a stroll. He passed by the gardens, taking in the smell of the flowers scattered along with the dirt. However, his eyes were then distracted by a being. Sykkuno was talking to Ludwig. It seemed to be important as the boy didn't have his usual optimistic expression.

Cadáver leaned down slightly, hoping to conceal himself. It appeared to work since Ludwig left Sykkuno without even a glance in his general direction. "What could they be talking about?" Cadáver wonders. "Maybe it's about the hit-list."

"Corpse?" a faint voice said. "Hm!?" Cadáver brought up his head. He wasn't entirely surprised when he saw Sykkuno looking down on him. "What are you doing?" the herbalist asked. "I was just going for a walk," Cadáver responds.

"I'll have you know I'm becoming all stressed with this work I've been doing." he sighs. "I figured it was time to have a break."

Sykkuno nods, but his face lightens like he's just had an epiphany. "I need to tell you something!" he says. "Well, technically two things, or three..."

"Sure, when do you want to talk?"

"Is now fine?"

Cadáver leads Sykkuno to sit with him on a bench, where he sat anxiously.

"So, for starters," Sykkuno begins. "My conversion with Ludwig just now, I'm sure you saw, right?"

"Yeah, I did."

"Well, he told me about the hit-list and the blackmail plan," he says.

"Sounds about right."

"I proposed another idea to him."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, listen to this."

◈◈◈

"We go to Ambrose." Sykkuno declares.

"Why in the world would we go to Ambrose? Why not the Aquilon Kingdom? The people there are so much nicer."

"Yeah, that's true. But considering we don't know when these raids will happen, we need to gather the most help as fast as we can, just in case."

"Ok, but Ambrose? Really?"

"They're a powerful kingdom."

"Sure, but there is no way they'll believe that Offpire is conducting raids when it's just the six of us telling them."

"Six?"

"Me, you, Ludwig, Yvonne, Edison and that Toast guy." Cadáver lists. "If we don't have enough people in our little group, they won't take us seriously."

"Don't worry about that. We can always gather others, plus I have a plan for that as well." Sykkuno answers. "But Ludwig can tell you that later. It isn't important right now."

Cadáver sighed but continued to listen in.

"I will make sure they will listen to us, regardless of how many people we have."

The prince elevated an eyebrow. "Do tell."

"We get Emma to help us."

"What- I'm sorry?" Cadáver stutters. "If you're asking me to ask her about it, count me out, please."