- Chapter 7 -

After a few long and tiring hours, Sykkuno successfully and thoroughly had saved his room from the dust and grime. He even fixed the loose and broken springs under the bed. It was early in the morning, and it's the beginning of his job at the Pharmacy. Like Yvonne had told him, he would be creating prescriptions.

He neatens himself up, brushing his messy hair out of his face and styling his scarf. He tilted his head and squinted at the scarf on his neck while looking at the mirror. It wasn't very appealing, as the once soft cotton fabric became itchy and uncomfortable. But let's look on the bright side. ''At least my neck won't get cold...'' Sykkuno thinks.

He walks downstairs and sits at the dining table, rummaging through his bag. Sykkuno forgot to ask Corpse if he had any spare food since the house was pretty much empty.

With no luck, Sykkuno sighs and sits up. Walking towards the door and once again feeling the nice cold breeze. Winter was coming, and he had to make sure he'd get through it. ''I might buy extra blankets? But I need to save for food.'' He was so focused on his thoughts, he didn't notice the unusual shaking in the bushes.

Sykkuno steps onto the streets and immediately notices Rae. Sykkuno assumes she always sits right outside of the entrance to the forest. ''Morning!'' Sykkuno cheered. ''Hey,'' Rae responds. ''How are you?''

''Great! I'm going to my first shift at the Pharmacy!''

''Can I walk with you there? I ordered some medication for back pains.'' Rae proposed. ''Sure?'' Sykkuno was confused. ''I work at a blacksmith and carry a bunch of materials between places and such, and sometimes that causes my back to go,'' she sticks out her tongue and closes her eyes. ''bleh.''

Sykkuno giggles and nods as the two begin forward. While walking, the two hear clashes of footsteps on the ground. They turn around and see an elegant carriage. Sykkuno immediately recognizes who it is. ''Hey, Sykkuno!'' Michael calls. ''Want a ride?''

''You know this guy?'' Rae whispers. Sykkuno nods, ''Can my friend come as well?'' Sykkuno says, gesturing towards his shorter friend. Michael debates, while Rae seems slightly offended. ''Sure, why not,'' he said. Rae isn't offended anymore, cool. They both hopped into the carriage. 

''Ah, hello.''

''Lily.'' Sykkuno smiles. ''Lily, this is Rae, Rae, this is Lily.''

The two women nod respectfully at each other. ''If I am correct, you're heading to the Pharmacy?'' Lily asks. Sykkuno snaps his head up. ''How did you-''

''I know Ludwig.'' she laughs. ''Along with Yvonne and Edison.''

''Ah, I see.''

The carriage stops outside the Pharmacy. Rae gets out, followed by Sykkuno, who almost steps and trips on the back of Rae's shoes. Lily and Michael come following behind as well. ''I might as come to say hello to everyone,'' Lily says,

Ring.

Ludwig, at the counter, looks at the four people now walking in. Thankfully the Pharmacy was quite spacious. ''Hey, guys!''

''Ludwig!''

''Michael!'' The two bring it in for a hug. Lily looks angry, ''Ludwig.'' she says. ''Yeeeeees?''

''Are you trying to steal my man?'' she asks, sending him a deadly glare. Michael rolls his eyes while Sykkuno and Ludwig are shivering in their timbers. 😳

''N- no.'' Ludwig says, backing away. ''He's yours.'' Lily happily links her arms with Michael. Rae turns to Ludwig, ''I need my prescription.'' she says. ''Uh, sure!'' Ludwig says, returning to his place behind the counter. ''What's your name?''

''Rachell Hofstetter.''

Ludwig begins to look through the shelves, ''P.H, Q.H, ah! R.H!'' Ludwig picks up a small bottle with what looks like a liquid. ''Back pains?''

''Yeah, thanks,'' she said, taking the bottle. ''I guess I should leave then,'' she says, and she walks off, back to her home by the forest.

''Alright, Sykkuno, let's get you started,'' Ludwig says. ''We'll just be sitting here,'' Lily says, sitting down with Michael at a table. Sykkuno walks to where Ludwig is behind the counter. ''So this list holds all the customer's orders that we want you to create within at least the next week,'' Ludwig explains.

''Don't worry, we made sure to put down some rather easy things to make, to help you get settled in."

''Thanks!''

''No problem, you can work in the room behind us. There are some folders in there explaining the different herbs and where to find them.''

''Of course, there are a bunch of tools in there too.''

Sykkuno nods and opens the door. He closes it behind him and takes a seat on a wooden chair. He flips open the folder with the list,

''Just some stuff for headaches, nausea, a cause of insomnia, growing pains and some ointments for small wounds.''

Sykkuno sits up and places his scarf and jacket on a hanger in the corner of the room. He rolls up his sleeves and looks through the shelves.

For nausea, Sykkuno had created a natural herb supplement out of ginger for an extra boost of iron, zinc, and vitamin C.

The boy used chamomile for nausea and insomnia, for a relaxing sedative and as a source of vitamin K.

''Would it be better to create some pills?'' Sykkuno wondered. ''Ughhhhh.'' he groaned.

◈◈◈

After his shift ends, Ludwig pops in. ''Hey Sykkuno, your shift is over.''

''Thanks!'' Sykkuno said as Ludwig closes the door. Sykkuno sighs and carefully takes the medicine he created and places it into jars. Laying them beside each other on the counter. Sykkuno walks out of The Pharmacy, with one last wave to Ludwig. He didn't realize he took that long in there, with the exceptions of a couple of breaks, of course.

Once he's gotten to the cottage, he notices the door already open. He cautiously peeps through. ''Hey.'' a voice says. Sykkuno jumps and almost stumbles onto the floor. ''Oh, Corpse,'' Sykkuno says, relived. ''You scared me.''

''Sorry about that,'' Sykkuno closes and locks the door, throwing his bag onto the table and flopping onto the sofa. ''I saw that you cleaned your room.'' Corpse said. ''Yeah, it was a real pain.'' Sykkuno sits up. ''Soooo, how are you?'' he asks Corpse. ''I'm alright, I guess.'' Corpse begins.

''Hmm.''

''Oh yeah, I got something for you,'' Corpse says. ''A gift?'' Sykkuno raises an eyebrow.

''Yeah, here.''

Corpse passing Sykkuno a small box, he takes off the lid and is given the sight of a scarf. It was light green with vertical, darker green stripes. The brunet takes off his old black scarf and wraps his new one around his neck. It was really soft, almost too soft.

''I love it, thanks so much Corpse!'' Sykkuno says, pulling the larger man into a hug. 

Corpse hums and returns the response.

The two stay together, not letting and won't let anything bother them. ''Hey, Corpse?''

''Yeah.''

''Can I ask you something?''

''What is it?''

''What's the deal with all the anchors?''

◈◈◈

Not sure how I feel about this one, but hopefully y'all like it :D

Sorry again for late updatessssssss, :( 

Hope you guys have been paying attention to the anchors, it's a plot point ;)

Have a good morning, afternoon or night! >:)

-fai 😳