Chapter||36

I hope I see you on the other side
So we can kick it like we did before
I hope you leave a little room on the other side
So I know I got somewhere that I can go
I hope I'm not banging at the door saying let me in
And I pray that I'm forgiven for my sins
And I see you on the other side
Hope I see you on the other side

Saturday 11th January

After Kamiya's breakdown to Kairo, he didn't know what to say to her

After Kamiya's breakdown to Kairo, he didn't know what to say to her. Some of the things she said he thought was true but he didn't know how to go about fixing them. He wanted to go see his mother but didn't have the courage to face her or his father, he was embarrassed with his actions for the past year, his relationship had failed with both the love of his life and his parents. The last time he had seen his father was when he had beaten Kairo up once he found out that Kairo was the one stealing, he couldn't bare to see his father after that altercation so he chi's don't go over to his parents' house and talk to his mother the phone.

No one but Kamiya really knew where Kairo's rehabilitation resided since he didn't want anyone to visit I him while he was in that state so phone calls were what they dealt with but Kairo did it over a paid phone so they couldn't track it.

Wanting him to get a little fresh air and get his mind of everything Kairo's friends decided to visit the club while hoping he didn't run into his father at any time.

He took a quick 10-minute shower ready to get his mind off everything and go to the club. He decided to keep his fit simple and went for a simple white tee but the silver chains he paired it with took his attire to a next level. Black jeans wrapped around his legs while a pair of Air Force 1's suffocated his feet.

Kairo sat back in his seat as he observed the clubs surrounding, he was intoxicated but was still alert with his surroundings something his father always taught him to be. His friends always thought he worked too hard because he was trying to get his mind off his daughter leaving him. His daughter was on his mind nearly every single day, he thought about what she would be doing right now. He thought how properly she could speak some considering she was now 4 years old, every time he thought deeply about his daughter tears welled up in his eyes but he would always forcefully wipe them away before anyone could see.

"Aye King a shawty over there claiming she knows you," Kairo's close friend who had just come back from the Caribbean after being there for nearly 5 years for family and business-wise, Sincere shouted over the music. Kairo looked in the direction where he was pointing and saw this woman he knew from around the way standing there with her arms folded glaring at Sincere.

Not even speaking to them he nodded his head and waved his hand in a come in motion to the security guard to let Layla in, they gave him a sceptical look before doing exactly as they were told and opened the robe. Odell sat in the far end of the section away from the spotlight and anyone who could spit him in the club but still managed to observe everything that was going on, he watched as Layla entered the section with a wide smile on her face while lusting over Kairo. Odell knew she couldn't be anything more than trouble for him and hoped Kairo didn't do anything stupid with her.