Chapter ||15

As the days go by
I remember we was sitting on the aisle
Wish I could take it back to the days we lost
But it's easier said then done,
someone had to pay the cost
I know nothing lasts forever, no nothing at all
Sometimes you don't ever get up after you fall
Every day's a gamble
I know you can't win 'em all
But that don't stop the hurt at all

As the days go byI remember we was sitting on the aisleWish I could take it back to the days we lostBut it's easier said then done, someone had to pay the costI know nothing lasts forever, no nothing at allSometimes you don't ever get up after you...

Saturday 11th August

Kamiya slid down her bedroom door as she processed what had just taken place. She didn't want her past to come out at all, but she knew sooner or later it would.

She just hoped it was later rather than sooner.

As she laid on the floor she looked down at her finger noticing the engagement ring still on her finger. She would've thought once Kairo proposed to her everything would be peaches and cream. In fact, it was the opposite, nothing could go right in their relationship. She felt as if because she had a ring on her finger Kairo didn't have to do the things he used to do.

She wasn't blaming everything on Kairo but her actions and emotions were mainly based on Kairo's actions towards her.

It would be days on days before Kairo even communicated with Kamiya when he did he would act as if he didn't stop talking to her for days. The truth was Kairo was just scared, yes we were already committed to Kamiya being married made him extremely nervous. He stayed out for days on end just so Kamiya wouldn't remind him about the wedding.

She twisted the ring on her ring finger thinking back to all the good times they had in their relationship. She thought about the first time they met, she had just come from New Orleans after running away from Nick and ran into him. Their first encounter wasn't all that great but they soon began to vibe with each other, later on, they decided to give the relationship thing a try and here they are now.

The cries of Liyah took her out of her thoughts as she stood up ready to tend to her daughter. She made her way to Liyah's room and saw her standing in her crib with tears cascading down her face. She went to pick up Liyah but made a pout face because she screamed even louder from Kamiya gesture.

"What's wrong mama's" she looked down at Liya who continued to cry.

"Dada," she said in between her sobs throwing a tantrum. Kamiya sighed as those words dipped out of her mouth. She went back into her room to retrieve her phone and made her way back to Liyah who was still crying for her father.

"I'm calling Dada now," she stated as she sailed Kairos number. She waited up until the phone went to voicemail before hanging up. She sighed before dialling the number again. This time Kairo sent her to voicemail and decided to block her number.

"Dada," Liyah still sobbed wanting her father.

"Dada's not answering right now baby," she tried to explain to Liyah, but all it resulted in was her crying even harder for her father.