Chapter||31

The whole chapter is a flashback

June 28th 2017

Kamiya lounged in the restaurant that Kairo had planned for their anniversary for damn near 3 hours, she sipped her red wine trying to keep her composure and stop herself from crying.

She rang his phone for the 11th time today and as the last 10 times, he didn't answer and let it go to voicemail. This had become a routine for the past few months in their relationship. He would explain they should go to a nice, fancy restaurant and Kam would get all dressed up and excited since, this is what she longed for in their relationship in a long time, just to be let down when he didn't come and pick her up from her house.

Kamiya couldn't believe she let it get this far, to the point of where she was used to coming last in Kairo's life.

As she sat waiting for him for only 20 more minutes she started to reminisce on when everything was perfect and going so good for them, which was at the start of their relationship.

She remembered that day like it was yesterday, the twinkle in his eyes when he said he loved her was now replaced with a blank stare, Tears started to run and blur her vision as She got out of her seat and exited out of the restaurant.

Her hands shaking as She tried to grab her keys from Gucci bag. Kamiya tried to keep her composure as She wondered what could have possibly happened for him to forget about their anniversary but she had a clue on what it could be.

So many thoughts were going through her minded as she was driving to his house.

Did he forget?

Is he cheating on me?

Are there other women?

This wouldn't have been the first time he cheated on her anyway, but yet somehow her she was back at square one.

The ringing of Kamiya's phone bought her back to reality as She looked at the caller ID then answered it.

"Hey mom," She greeted Kairo's mother, Saniya as soon as she accepted the call.

"Hey, Kam didn't think you would pick up since it's y'all anniversary,"

Kamiya's heart ached as she confessed that because how does his own mother remember but he doesn't remember.

"Ummm actually he didn't come, I think he just forgot," She mumbled and tried to blink to stop herself from crying

"Wait what, What do you mean he didn't come and that he forgot," She let out a bit upset with her sons' antics. She couldn't believe he was doing all of this to Kamiya when she didn't grow him up to be like that.

"Uhh, yeah I tried to get a hold of him while I was waiting for him but he didn't answer"

"I don't know what's wrong with that damn boy, Darling I'm soo sorry" she attempted to apologise knowing how her sons' relationship was since Kamiya had come to her multiple times with speculations.

"No it's okay mama, I'm over it" Kamiya fabricated.

"I know you're not, but let's change the subject".

"Thank you"

"So does that mean you're coming to get Liyah,"

"I might but first I'm going to go see what's up with him".

"Oh okay, I love you and be safe," She said.

"Love you too mama and I will, Byee," I said as the call ended.