Chapter||38

This is for my people who just lost somebodyYour best friend, your baby, your man or your lastPut your hand way up highWe won't never say bye (no no no)Mamas, daddies, sisters, brothers, friends and cousins

Your best friend, your baby, your man or your last
Put your hand way up high
We won't never say bye (no no no)
Mamas, daddies, sisters, brothers, friends and cousins

Sonya looked stunning as she stood with her head held high in front of the full-length mirror in her black custom-made Stella McCartney dress that hugged her curvy frame perfectly. The v-dip on the dress gave room for her neck to be framed by one of Eric Mavachev's handmade pieces which 2 letters resting in between her boobs.

The letters resemble the two people who meant so dear to her but sadly would no longer be walking this earth. She raised her hand to touch the letters as she looked at herself in the mirror, water began to blur her vision as the thought of losing them was too much to bear.

She closed her eyes and said a silent prayer to God in her head, "Dear God please give us the strength of your love and guide us through this difficult time, I don't question your actions because I know it's for a purpose and I hope you show us through this, I know you'll keep them safe until it's my time to meet them again, amen," she finished off her prayer with a kiss to the Lord.

Omar stood at the door as he stared at his wife mourning over their losses, the dried-up tears stained her bare face indicating the crying fit she had previous to his arrival.

He walked up to behind her placing his head in between her neck as he snaked his arms around her waist. Her vanilla scent suffocated his nostrils as he stared intensely at his wife through the mirror. She gave a weak smile but Omar knew his wife too well, her eyes told a different story which he knew to be sadness. It was the same look she had on her face at her brother's funeral.

"I'm with you every step of the way," he gave her assurance as he placed soft kisses on her neck, it was his way of calming her down.

"I should be the one saying that to you, you don't have to be strong I know you want to cry," she turned around and placed a hand on his face, should see the distress written on his face even though he tried to not show it. She brushed her thumb across the scar that lingered from above his eyebrow to just above his mouth. The battle scars that tattooed his body made Saniya love him even more, it showed his journey through life and how far he has come.

"We've got our children out there that need us now more than ever, Kains starting to rebel and his anger has risen while Kairo is silent, I'm worried about them," Saniya expressed her concerns for her children knowing this was the hardest death they've had to face so far and this is how they chose to cope.

"We just have to give them time, it's time to go now," Omar glanced down at his Movado watch that graced his wrist noticing that the limo should be outside anytime soon. Saniya turned around to fix the purple and blue tie that strangled his neck and then gave him a quick peck on the lips.