SUBIN • Mornings

fluff, 659 words

fluff, 659 words

ANOTHER day had dawned crisp and clear.

The sun poured through your window. You rubbed your bleary eyes. The sleeping figure of the man welcomed you.

"What a great way to start a day," you whispered while your eyes crinkled at the edges, and the corners of your mouth slipped upwards.

You tucked some of his hair behind his ear to get a better view of your boyfriend. Memories flooded your mind as you watched the sleeping Subin with his little snores.

It's been four years since you started your relationship with Subin. Years are filled with joy, but arguments are inevitable. It's difficult at first. You had to adjust your life with each other (different careers). It was hard to have secret dating, but you burst into happiness when Subin announced it. There are many ups and downs, but that makes a relationship stronger, right? That bought you and Subin to where you are right now.

You tried to slowly free yourself from your partner's arms wrapped into your waist, not trying to wake him up. They had just finished promoting their new song and had been given a rest week. As you opened your window, the rising sun cast a pearly glow across the sky, seeping into your shared bedroom.

After washing up your face, you immediately went to your kitchen to prepare breakfast. Your life with Subin is simple yet memorable. It is simple, but it makes special with each other's presence.

"A coffee, eggs, ham, and fried rice will be a good breakfast," you said while looking at your refrigerator.

You poured a generous amount of water into the kettle for the coffee and started making breakfast. The sizzling smell of your fried rice is enough to wake Subin up from sleep. Groaning while stretching his limbs and feet out, he finally got up from the bed. Sauntering down the stairs, he found you in the kitchen humming to their song.

"Yeah, we gonna shine Bright like a sunrise You just hold me tight, babe It's gonna be alright~."

Subin sang the lyrics together with you. He stayed behind the doors, mesmerizing your every feature. His mind was saying how lucky he was to be with someone so caring and loving.

"How can someone be beautiful when they just cooking?" He said more like to himself.

Your hair is up into a messy bun. A Gainsboro-colored apron neatly wraps your body. He watched you flip hams and eggs and do some little dancing. It may sound weird to other people, but Subin found it satisfying.

He walked towards you quietly. "Good morning, baby," Subin whispers through your eyes. He, once again, wraps his arms around your waist. Pulling your waist near to him and hugging you tightly.

Perfect fit!

"Good morning, too," you responded and pecked his cheeks.

He comfortably sits his head on your shoulder until he flutters his eyes close. There's a comfortable silence that you both stayed in for a while.

"How's your sleep? Still sleepy?" you gently ask him.

He hummed in response. "But your cook makes me wake up." He said and then showed his pouty lips.

As the other continued to cook, you ruffled his messy, soft hair with your left hand. You were surprised by the whistling noise from the kettle while Subin remained unbothered.

"Okay, Mr. Jung," you paused as you turned off the stove. "Let me free from the grip for a while."

Subin shut his eyes open. "Why??" He whined.

"I'm just going to get cups and plates, hello!"

"No, no, no!" He shakes him vigorously.

"Then, get them for me."

"Subin's tired." He voiced out. You sighed but giggled afterward.

You ended up tugging him along while you got your plates, cups, and utensils. Subin helped you arrange the table.

"Let's eat."

"Wait, Y/N, you forgot something."

Subin gestured for you to kiss him on the lips, which you gladly gave him.

This is how to start your mornings with Subin. Simple yet special.