Chapter 10 - The Truth

"What was that for?" I ask as he licks his lips.

" I wanted to see if your beloved strawberry lollipops were as good as you say," He smirks.

"And what do you think of them?" my breath hitches in my throat as I notice his predatory gaze on me, backing me up against the desk. He easily lifts me up with my legs dangling off the edge.

"Delicious, they taste almost as good as your lips," He pushes the sucker back into my open mouth.

I moan as the strawberry taste invades my mouth. I'm shocked back into reality as I realize what a compromising position we are in. I like how much time we spend together and the occasional make-out sessions but I'm not that girl. I usually don't go around kissing guys like this I don't have the confidence. But something about the way Carter looks at me makes me feel like the sexiest girl in the room. I don't want him to get the wrong idea.

"What is this?" I ask pressing my hands against his chest, he gives me a puzzled look "What are we doing? You kissed me a few times and don't get me wrong I have no complaints about that. But I want you to know I don't do this, I'm not the hookup type of person," I explain.

"You really think that low of me Amanda?" He says stepping back like I just burned him.

" That's the thing Carter I don't know what you're like. I've put my trust in the wrong people, and it came back to bite me. I want to know where your head is at, it's nothing against you,"

He inhales "I like you, but I don't want to rush anything. I'm not the hookup type of guy either. I would never do anything to disrespect you or hurt you. I like whatever we have and want to see where we end up," He said, easing the confusion I once had.

"Okay, I can live with that," I smile.

He picks me up and places me on my feet, swiftly grabbing my hand and we start walking back down to the locker room. Both of us fighting off smiles.

After returning to the locker room, I got out my phone to call the Hotline again. They said we would be here for about four more days if it stops snowing tonight, but we could be here longer if it doesn't. 

I want to get home I miss my dad and my little sister Kayleigh she's 10 and is in the 5th grade she looks just like my mom with her green eyes and their smiles are almost identical, I have more of my dad's features like my chocolate brown eyes, but we both share our moms smile. Or so I've been told.

Across the room, Derek and Henry are having an arm wrestling competition this is how boring it's gotten. I need to think of something fast before I die of boredom. Right now I'm on my makeshift comfy bed with another lollipop it's already 8:00 and I think I might go to bed early unless we do something to keep me entertained.

"Guuuyyyyss," I whine out.

"Amanda," Derek said copying me.

"Ah, so he can call you by your full name?" Carter says I hate it when people call me by my full first name. 

"Amanda's not even her full first name," Henry replies smirking I give him my best glare.

"Doesn't Henry, or I'll- I'll."

"You'll what amend-." I ran up and covered his mouth

"I'll tape your mouth shut, with pink duct tape if you say it," I say.