Chapter 3 - Makeovers With the Team

Henry and I finally make it back to the boys, after our quick chat. The boys did a pretty good job of setting up. There were five spots for each of us spread out horizontally across the floor.

"Hey, guys we're back. I wonder how bad it is out there," I said.

"Maybe we should go and look out of the windows in the gym quick," Carter tells me.

"Uh, sure lead the way," I say smiling. Henry gives me a look an I-know-you-like-him-look. Ok so maybe I did but that didn't mean anything we were just going to the gym. I look over and he's already left. Great I sprint to the door and open it up.

"Boo!" Carter jumps out. I let out a huge scream.

"Oh my god, Carter you scared the shit out of me," I blush and look back all of the guys are laughing, "it's not that funny," I snap at them they stop laughing and I close the door to hear them cracking up again.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist it."

"Let's go, I'll race you?"

"Let's make this interesting then, the loser has to get a makeover from the winner?" he suggests.

"Hmm deal, I hope you like losing," I say sprinting down the hallway and up the stairs. I heard a huge thud behind me. It's Carter, I go back to see if he's ok.

"What happened, klutz?" I ask.

"I think I sprained my ankle. Help me up?" he asks. I take his arm and put it over my shoulder. As soon as he gets up he sprints off leaving me.

"You jerk!" I yell at him as I sprint after him. I do not want to get a makeover. I look just fine. Well not now, I mean my hair is sprawled out all over my face from running.

I take a left as I reach the top of the stairs all I see is Carter's back he's still going, I keep running as fast as possible. I take the last left and see him make his way into the gym. Ugh, I give up and walk the rest of the way. I open the door to find a grinning, sweaty-faced jerk that just kicked my ass.

"You're....a...dick," I say between breaths.

"That's no way to address a winner," he gloated "Now let's go to the windows to check the storm," he says.

"Whatever," I say and follow him.

There was snow swirling around coating everything possible, hail was hitting the metal dugout it was getting really bad we probably shouldn't be anywhere near a window right now.

"So we should probably get back," he says.

"Yeah let's go." We walked together to the door we both reached for the door and our hands touched. I pull my hand back like it's just been burnt. I let him open the door for me and he let me go first.

"Um let's go," he says and I catch up to him.

"So since it hasn't started yet do you think we should text the hotline just in case they might be able to get us out of here." he offers

"That's a good idea; I don't want to be stuck in an empty school with almost half the baseball team anyway," I say jokingly.

"Wow I'm hurt, and to think we were friends," He says pouting like a three-year-old.

"Sorry, Carter it's just not going to work out," I say seriously and end up laughing. "Come on you, we better get back before they wonder what's taking us so long,"

"Let them wonder, I bet Issac has come up with a bunch of ideas why we are taking so long," he says and wiggles his eyebrows suggestively.

" He's such a perv," I scoff rolling my eyes "But we should get going," I say and start walking towards the stairs.