Chapter 1 - Stuck With The Baseball Team

DISCLAIMER- This was written when I was 14-16, as much as I've tried editing it is still very cringe-worthy. Just a heads up. Also, it gets slightly better as the book progresses, but again read at your own risk

Today was the last day of school before winter break, and rumor had it there was going to be a huge storm tonight. Huge enough for the principal to let everyone leave after the fifth period.

"Mandy it's starting to get bad out here they said there is a really bad snow storm warning," Kelly said. As she races down the hallway. With her blonde hair flying behind her.

Kelly and I are best friends, we have been close since kindergarten. She would always let me have half of her PB&J sandwiches when my mom or dad forgot to pack me lunch. Not because they were negligent but because my mom was going through chemo and they were constantly busy. Even at a young age I never really bothered my parents much knowing the toll my mom's failing health had on them both.

"I'm coming I have to go back down to the locker room and get my softball stuff, your mom has room in her car for it right?"I asked.

Her mom was supposed to be picking us up. "Well actually my sister is picking us up and she said she's not waiting, so run as fast as you can because you know Tami she'll leave our asses," Kelly said, and as much as she joked, I knew she meant it Tami doesn't play around.

I raced down the stairs as soon as she was done talking. The school was over early today because of the huge snowstorm warning.

I finally reached the girl's locker room, it looked so weird with no one inside. I rush to my locker, grab all of my softball gear, and run back to the door. Briefly glancing in the mirror my brown hair splayed over my shoulders looking disheveled from how fast I was running. I got back up the stairs and into the lobby of our school, Jenkins High School, It was completely deserted.

I check my phone 2 new messages

Kelly-I'm so sorry girl my sister came and I had to go. I overheard the principal saying they closed the doors I hope you're out.

Henry- help asap in the guy's locker room hurry!!!

Henry is another one of my friends he's more like a big brother to me and I love him with all my heart like a sister, of course. He's been there for me through almost everything. I tell him all of my secrets and trust him with my life. I can always count on him to have my back. He acts more like a protector than a brother sometimes but I'm grateful for someone like that in my life.

I race down the stairs to the boy's locker room and slam the door open. I look around and see that some of the baseball boys are down here only four of them to be exact. Derek, Issac, Henry, and Carter.

Derek is someone you want as a friend, he may be quiet but he always stands up for his friends. His loyalty is like no other he also is a closeted nerd I've caught him after school tutoring before and blackmailed him into helping me out with trigonometry. Derek was a handsome guy with brown eyes and a drool-worthy smile.

Of course, Issac would be down here. He is the definition of a f*ckboy, and it pains me to admit he has the sexiest dimples I've ever had the pleasure of glaring at. It physically pains me to admit that he's attractive. With his sandy brown hair and signature smirk, he has the majority of the girls and a few guys at Jenkins High swooning over him.

And last but not least Carter. He is the catcher on the team, the same as me. He has dirty brown hair and pretty green eyes that seem to change like the weather. I don't know him as well as I would like to. He is popular at school and runs with the same group of friends as myself but I've always had to ogle him from afar. I am not ready for a relationship and staying away from really hot guys with a mean throwing arm ( I mean look at the biceps on him) is the best way to stay single.