Chapter 8 - Let The Games Begin!

Carter, Henry, and I made our way up the stairs to the kitchens. But me being a sneaky evil genius came up with a plan.

"Hey, Henry can you take me to the bathroom, since we're not supposed to go anywhere alone?" I ask

"Umm sure, Carter we forgot the empty water jugs downstairs anyway why don't you go grab them," Henry says sensing my sudden change of plans.

Carter agrees and makes his way downstairs I think he might've caught on because he gives us both weird looks. 

I quickly grab Henry's hand and drag him toward the bathrooms. I walk until I can't hear Carter's footsteps leaving to make it look a little more believable. I turn around and look up at Henry, he seems confused and concerned. 

"What do you know about Carter, I think I'm starting to like him Henry, but I don't want to get hurt again like what Ryan did to me?" I say at the mention of his name he clenches his fist. Let's say that Ryan is a very touchy subject for Henry.

" Well, he seems like a good guy he has a younger sister and hasn't had a girlfriend since he got here," Henry says seriously "He's been on the team since freshman year and I have probably heard him talk about girls he's been with a handful of times. He's a saint compared to Issac," He throws in the Issac part as he notices me tense up about Carter being with other girls. But I can't help the warm feeling in my stomach as I realize he seems like a decent guy from what Henry has told me. 

"Wait so you're not going to go all apeshit on him then?" I say with a small smile. He usually tells me that any guy I like is bad news. He is always just looking out for me in any way he can.

"No Mandy I will not be going all 'apeshit' on him, you should go for it. But I swear if he hurts you in any way I will gladly kick his ass," he says with a slight hint of humor. But I know he's being serious about the whole hurting me part.

"I wouldn't expect anything else."

" You deserve to be happy, I can see it in your eyes every day you try to be ok but there are subtle differences and walls you've created. I want the carefree Amanda back," He says while lightly pulling me into his chest.

I sniffle a bit into his chest he knows me better than I know myself. "Thank you Hen," 

He pulls me back and gives me a once over "You don't need to thank me it's what I'm here for, but I might start charging extra if you keep drenching my shirt with your tears and snot," He says lighting the mood and making me laugh.

"I love you, but also think you're extremely annoying," I smile patting his chest.

"I hate to break up this love fest but don't we have food to get?" We both turn seeing Carter come down the hallway with an empty jug for the water.

" I guess we can go get some extra food now," I say.

We all make our way upstairs, I'm still processing everything Henry just told me. I am sort of in a better head space than I have been in a while, and I owe it to myself to see if there is a future with Carter. 

Once we make it into the deserted room we each start gathering things we think everyone would like.

"Ooh, can we bring these strawberry lollipops they're my favorite!" I said getting all excited like a little kid. Carter gave me the what-the-hell look. I just shrugged "What mama likes her strawberry lollipops."

He starts laughing. Sometimes he's worse than Issac.

"Respond to that and you can kiss your chance of having kids goodbye," I said and started gathering more things to bring downstairs.