OVERTHINKING

(nick and john the infamous duo)

The next morning, was a morning like no other. John woke before Diane and laid there with her. His hand slowly stroking through her long hair. John felt uneasy at the fact that their "relationship" or whatever they were was going so fast. He wondered if he'd been making a mistake. Getting too attached for it to all fall into nothing. Believe me, he wanted to look on the bright side but he couldn't. His nails were bit down to the skin almost.

Diane was lost in her sleeping, dream land not even giving thought into this. Whatever plays out, plays out and there's nothing she could do to stop life from coming at her. Take it face on, and then nothing can stand in your way later. She doesn't worry. She's not a worrisome person at all. Which, seems like a good trait to her but John thought he was the only one thinking about how their relationship would carry on.

John didn't even know if she wanted him to be her boyfriend. He was terrified at the thought of meeting her parents and it hadn't been more than a week since they met. He became even more worried. Did she even want a so-called "relationship" in the first place? Did she think it was just two people committed to screwing until they get tired of one another. These thoughts were depressing and saddening but true. He wanted to find out, he wanted to ask her what she thought they "were" but he was too afraid she'd say something completely different than what he was thinking.

John hadn't even had time to think about what he wanted. His attention was focused on how he could be there for Diane and only her. He wanted her to wake up and ask him herself, so he didn't have to face the humiliation of her potential rejection of him. He was only 21 years old and it seemed as if he was a full grown adult making all these hard decisions. John didn't know if he even wanted to grow up anymore. He wanted to stay a carefree kid. But I guess those days are over, and he can never get them back.

To his advantage, Diane woke up slowly. Realizing she was taking up more than half of the bed she scooted over embarrassed and frowned at him.

"I'm sorry." She said softly running a hand through her hand. John felt bad, had he given her the impression she had done something wrong.

"Oh, no! Don't apologizing. Really." John assured her strictly. Diane grinned at the adorable boy and quickly became confused at his sudden paleness. Her hand pressed against his forehead softly. John jumped back a bit, but relaxed at her soft touch.

"What?" John asked looking up to his forehead. A mixture of worry, and confusion spread across his face. Diane retracted her arm and brought it to her side.

"You look sick is all— John are you okay?" She asked concerned. John gulped worriedly and nodded trying to look as cool, and honest as possible. Diane nodded at his answer and stood up to find her—now dry—clothes from last night. John watched her walk away with a relaxed smile on his face. Maybe, she does actually care about him like he does her. Or at least how he thinks he cares about her.