LATE NIGHT BAR

(someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed 😂 btw he looked GOOD in this interview)

Diane was looking through a magazine, lounging around waiting for the clock to strike 8. Minutes seemed like hours, and it felt as if time had stopped. Her eyes scanned the page for a couple seconds than looked back up to the clock. 7:12....only a couple more minutes. She was anxious...but also very nervous. She'd finally get to see John play his bass, but she couldn't help but still feel nervous around him.

Before she knew it, she got swept up in her magazine. Loosing track of time, and totally forgetting about John. Meanwhile, at the bar John was staring intently at the door waiting for her to come in. But she never showed. John was starting to loose hope. He thought that he'd ruined it once again, he didn't quite know how. But he was definitely disappointed.

Diane's eyes snapped back into focus, her heart almost dropped out of her stomach. Slowly, she looked up at the clock and became frantic. She threw the magazine up and raced around the floor trying to get her shoes on. Christ Diane, you've seriously forgotten? Diane ran around like a dog in the afternoon, making its runs around the house. Picking up her shoe in one hand and her coat in the other. Her hair was a mess also, which just added to the stress.

Finally, she had everything ready to go and she left her apartment as quick as she could. Oh, she hoped he didn't start yet. Diane was so angry with herself. She blew her chance, she knew she did. There's no doubt she did, John probably never wanted to see her again. Diane closed her door loudly, and left her house at 8:07....

She trudged through the snow, trying to be quick. But not to slip, the last thing she wanted was to get all wet from the snow. But, she wouldn't be surprised if she did. Everything seemed to be going awful today for her. Diane raced inside the doors and saw that John and few other boys were just getting ready on the stage. A smile appeared on her face as she unwrapped her scarf and sat at the bar. Her eyes watched John looking particularly good, studying his bass. He really could look amazing doing anything.

Diane tapped her fingers against the cold, wood of the counter as she watched John, falling for him even more. She just didn't know how in love she was already. It was only just beginning. The bar was cold, and chilly but somehow seeing John made her warm, and fuzzy. His chocolate eyes had a sense of comfort in them that she treasured above anything else. Diane hadn't left this way about anyone in a very long time.

When John finally acknowledged her, a grin curled at his lips immediately. A wave of relief washed over him. He hasn't ruined it....Diane melted at his smile. It made her feel like her arms and legs had turned into rubber. She couldn't move, she was in a trance. Diane mouthed the words: "I'm sorry," to him. She felt terrible she'd made it here so late. John waved her off silently and looked back up to the stage lights slightly flinching. Almost out of nowhere the music started. Diane jumped a little bit, but was excited to finally hear John play with these boys she had not yet met.

The music was very mellow, but had a definite rock factor to it. Diane quite liked it, it made her feel like dancing in front of everyone. Of course, she never would. The people in the bar with her seemed to enjoy it too. They were really good, one of the best Diane's ever heard. Johns bass playing was nothing more than marvelous, fantastic, amazing, and every other adjective that implies something is the best ever. Diane twirled around in her spinning chair to the music making John smile at her from on the stage. His blackish, brow hair was in his eyes, making his look so precious. The singer who Diane was absolutely dying to meet was also very very good. She seemed to notice something unique about his voice. He shouldn't be singing in a bar, he should be in Hollywood. Everyone should've. They were better than anyone else Diane's ever been forced to listen to in his bar.

John didn't take his eyes off of Diane. He seemed to have been dropping a bit on places in the music just getting lost at the sight of her. Diane felt terrible for making him loose focus, but he pulled it together beautifully. Like she knew he would. When the impeccable song came to an end, the people sitting at tables, and bars clapped there hands together harmoniously. Diane clapped the loudest. She honestly loved the song. John sighed of relief with the sweetest, most genuine smile. She really liked it? He thought to himself proudly. With a nod, towards the stage from John, Diane stood up to walk over as everyone unhooked there instruments and walked off the stage. John walked down the small case of stairs and was met eye to eye with Diane.

"Did you like it?" John asked, carefully locking his arms around her waist. Trapping her into his embrace. Diane took the memo and laced her hands together, wrapping them around his neck.

"I loved it, John."