Chapter 1: Safe

~Y/n P.O.V.~

I woke up by being shaken. I opened my eyes, seeing Newt and Teresa shaking me awake, telling me 'we got to go'. I looked to my left, seeing Thomas being woken up my Minho. Newt grabbed my hand, helping me out of the helicopter, before running with him and Teresa into the building.

When we finally reached the building, panting once we stopped. Newt still gripped my hand, while Teresa was holding my wrist. I remembering promising the both of them I wouldn't go anywhere, that we'd stay together, and I plan on keeping that promise.

We walked forward a little, studying the place, until a man with dark, but a little bit of grey hair came walking towards us with a little smirk laying on his lips.

"You doing alright?" He asked us, still walking towards us, "Sorry about all the fuss. We had ourselves a bit of a swarm."

Thomas stepped up a little, "Who are you?" He questioned the man suspiciously.

The man smirked at him a little, "I'm the reason you're all still alive. It's my intention to keep you that way. Now, come with me. We'll get you squared away." He spoke, before walking away, us following him.

I was in front of the group, beside Thomas and Newt, Teresa right behind me. I was looking at this man with suspicion, I don't trust him yet. And I don't think I would trust him at all.

"You can call me Mr. Janson. I run this place. For us, it is a sanctuary safe from all the horrors of the outside world. You should think of it as a way station. Kind of a home between homes," he told us, "Watch yourselves." He warned us, making us look up at the ceiling, showing sparks. Someone was working.

While we were still following this guy, I questioned him, "You mean you're taking us home?" He turned to me.

"A home of sorts. Sadly, there wouldn't be much left of wherever you came from. But we do have a place for you. A refuge, outside the Scorch, where Wicked will never find you again. How does that sound?" He asked us.

I still wasn't sure if I should trust this guy yet. I still had more questions to ask him, "Why are you helping us?" I asked him skeptically.

"Let's just say the world out there is in a rather precarious situation. We're all hanging on by a very thin thread. The fact that you guys can survive the Flare virus, makes you the best chance of humanity's continued survival," he told us, walking up to a big metal door, "Unfortunately, it also make you a target, as no doubt by now you've noticed." He then stopped at the big door, turning around to face us, "Beyond this door, lies the beginning of you new lives," he said, swiping a card, which opened the door, "First things first, let's do something about that smell." He told us.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Janson led us to the showers. Teresa and I got led to different ones, while the boys all went to the same ones. While I was in the shower, dirt and some blood poured down. I just stood there, frozen still. I felt traumatized of what I had witnessed about a day ago. Chuck, was killed right in front of me. He was always like a little brother to me. I had been the first one to talk to him when he came up into the glade, I was the one who showed him around.

He was like one of my best friends in the glade. And then there was Gally.

My brother.

That dream.

Or was it a memory?

The one I had in the helicopter before I was woken up by Newt and Teresa. My mother. She was in it. And Gally was too. I think Teresa and Newt were there as well. I remember Gally promising to keep me safe and protect me. Which he did do, till he was sent to the maze.