Chapter 8: Brenda and Jorge

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Next thing we knew, we were hanging by our feet, above a giant hole.

"Good plan, Thomas," Minho started, "Just hear what the man has to say. Really working out for us." He said sarcastically.

I heard Thomas scoff quietly, "Shut up, Minho." He muttered.

Then, Jorge walked in, glancing at all of us.

"Enjoying the view?" He smirked, walking towards us.

"What the hell do you want?" I questioned him, annoyed.

"That is the question. My men, want to sell you back to Wicked. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me you're not either." He finished.

"Is the blood rushing to my head, or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho asked.

Jorge ignored the sarcastic boy, and looked straight at Thomas, "Tell me what you know about the Right Arm." He commanded to Thomas.

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt spoke up.

"I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially, when I hear them chattering on the airwaves," Jorge explained, walking over to a lever, putting his hand on it, "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal." He informed.

"We don't know much." I told him truthfully.

He pulled the lever, making us go a foot lower than we just were. We all yelled and grunted.

"Okay! Okay, alright," I said, my hands up in surrender, "They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked Wicked. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it, that's all we know." I explained to Jorge.

Jorge walked forward, about to say something, till one of his men came in and interrupted him.

"Yo, Jorge. What's going on?" The man asked, glancing at us and Jorge.

"Me and my friends were just getting acquainted," he looked back at me and Thomas, "We're done now." He glanced between us two.

"Hey, wait. You're not gonna help us?" Thomas asked before he could leave.

"Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong," he started walking away, "Hang tight." He finished, leaving the room.

The man he was talking to, was just watching us, in a creepy way. What's up with him?

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We were still hanging upside down. I was really uncomfortable. We were all uncomfortable. Minho suggested pushing someone to the lever, so then they could pull it and we can get free. We all agreed, and Minho started pushing Teresa to the lever, considering she was right in front of it.

He pushed her, but she didn't reach it. We did a second attempt, but it wasn't hard enough. Minho pushed her a third time, and she finally reached it. We all silently cheered once she did. She turned herself up right and started untying herself. She pulled the lever, and we all dropped a foot lower.

She then, reached for me, and helped me untie the rope from my ankles. I then got Newt, while she got Thomas, then we got Minho, Frypan, and Aris. Once we were all free, we heard a huge noise outside of the building. It sounded like a helicopter. Suddenly, we heard Janson's voice. It's Wicked! They're here! We have to go, now!

We all made a run for it, but got stopped by one of Jorge's men. He had a gun aimed at me, since I was in the front with Thomas and Newt beside me, but I guess he saw me first. Newt pulled me behind him, standing in front of me protectively.