Chapter 7: Winston

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We all stood there, watching him lift up his shirt. He skin was rotting, it was turning into a dark black color. Veins were popping out of it. That's when I understood what he was doing with the gun.

He was trying to kill himself.

He didn't wanna turn into a crank.

"I'm not gonna make it," he breathed out, "Please. Please, don't let me turn into one of those things."

We all stood there, tears coming to our eyes. Until, Newt grabbed the gun from Frypan, his eyes trained on Winston. He slowly walked towards him, crouching down and putting the gun on Winston's chest. He held it close to him, looking at Newt.

"Thank you," he said, weakly, "Now, get out of here."

I could see Newt was holding back tears, so was I. "Goodbye Winston." He said before standing up, grabbing my hand before grabbing our stuff.

We started walking away, still gripping each others hands. I could hear the others starting to follow us. We continued walking for a couple more minutes, not saying a thing. Till, a gunshot was heard, making all of us stop in our tracks. We all knew what that meant.

Winston was dead.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

The sun was down, we were all sitting down, a fire in the middle, keeping us warm. We didn't say a lot for the rest of the day, only a couple words, but that would be it. I was sitting in-between Newt and Frypan, staring at the fire in front of me. Aris came back with more wood for the fire, not saying anything.

"I thought we were all supposed to be immune." Minho spoke up.

"Not all of us, I guess." Teresa said.

"If Winston can get infected, we should assume so can the rest of us." Newt stated.

God, I really hope not. I don't know what I would do if Newt got infected by the flare. Or any of them for that matter. I don't know what I'd do.

"I never thought I'd say it but," Frypan paused, "I miss the glade." I glanced at him, seeing a single tear fall down his cheek. That made me wanna cry too, but I have to be strong.

Thomas and I didn't say anything. I don't know what he was thinking of but I was thinking of Newt and the others. After what he had said, I can't stop thinking about, what if Newt got the flare? What would I do? There's no cure. At least, I don't think there is.

We all soon fell asleep.

~

~Y/n P.O.V.~

The sun was soon up, and we were back on our feet, walking towards the mountains. The sun was beating down on us, making us sweat our asses off. I was holding Newt's hand. Our water was gone, I feel like we weren't gonna make it.

We continued walking for a little, till I suddenly fell to my knees, breathing heavily.

"You alright, love?" Newt asked, crouching down next to me.

I nodded a little, not being able to say anything. I felt another hand on my shoulder, making me look up and see Thomas looking down at me, concern laying on his face.

"What's wrong?" He asked, glancing between Newt and I.

I saw Teresa crouch in front of me, looking at me in concern as well. I didn't say anything to them. I couldn't. My mouth was so dry.

"She's probably dehydrated." Minho spoke up, informing the others.

I looked up to see him a little bit behind Teresa, and Aris and Frypan were a couple feet away, watching me in worry. I nodded to what Minho said, he was probably right. That explains the dry throat.