Chapter 14

REBECCAS POV

The next night was quiet as usual. The nurse had come in and given mum food and then put then tucked her into bed to sleep. I sat next to her on the window sill reading my book. I was waiting for Rose who had gone out to get things she needed , well that's what she said and April who had gone too see Jackson. I sighed softly and closed my book. I started thinking about Kendall again. His smile, his voice, his touch. Everything was perfect about him. And I did love him, with all my heart. I gazed out the window and saw Rose get out of her car and run up some stairs and into a room. 'Weird' I thought suddenly a rush of panick taking over me. I got up and left the room. I walked slowly to begin with and then my pace quickened, 'where is she going?' 'Why is she even there..? Or worse Whats up there' I said inside my head but suddenly snapping out of it when I had run into someone. "Becca?" April said dusting herself off the floor "your as white as a sheet!? Is your mum ok-" "she's fine, sorry for bumping into you" I said giving her a hand off the floor. "It's just.." I said drifting off and looking straight at the open door where I saw Rose enter. "Rose isn't it" April said as if she read my mind. We looked at each other and quickly, not trying to drag attention to ourselves walked out towards the brick building.
___________________

The sun was just setting over the horizon as we started going up the stairs to the top of this building. "Why the heck!?" April said frustrated we had to walk up so many pairs of stairs "are you sure she was even up-" "I know what i saw okay?" I said cutting off April who groaned heavily in return. Finally we reached a door, I pushed it open and a sudden rush of wind blew me back but April caught me. She gave me a confused look and i returned one too. I heard small sobs coming from around the corner, sobs getter bigger and bigger. "Rose! Rose!? Is that you?" I said yelling but not daring to look around the door. "Yeah it's me" Roses small voice peeped out. I sighed and ran out from behind the door "why the hell.." April drifted off, mouth open. There standing in front of us was Rose, but she was bloody and bruised and from what I could see, barely able to stand. I rushed up to her and her whole body fell into my arms, lifeless. Her eyes remained open as we lay her between us. "Hun.." I said stroking her hair "before we came to the hospital yesterday, my parents were fighting again.. They have been fighting for as long as I can remember" she paused and took a deep breath "when I left to come they yelled and screamed at me and then.. Then.. " she had tears rolling down her rosy, make up run face "then he hit me" April shook her head trying not to believe it "so I went to see them again only to find mum gone and dad drunk as hell! He yelled at me more and then started beating me, punch after punch, I finally got away when I did and drove here and ran up here.." She said huffing and crying, sobbing hard. April sat there emotionless shaking her head. "Rose listen to me, don't you ever go back there ever! Please please don't leave me again, your safe here okay" April said starting to tear up. We hugged her tight as the sun went down. "Becca please sing to me" Rose said smiling sadly "but I don't-" "please" she said cutting me off. I cleared my throat and looked at the ground.

"I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight" April looked at me in amazement and kept listening

"Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold on to this lullaby
Even when music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La
La La
Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound.."

Hey guys sorry for the sad chapter but I had to have drama some where haha but hope your all well and rearing for school😓 I'll keep updating ASAP!

-Holly💫