Chapter 9

I sat down next to mum holding her hand. The siren blasted through the air but all I could hear was my heart beating faster and faster until it would pop out of my chest. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I looked at mum all I
hooked up with a mask on her face. I couldn't take it, it was all so much. Tears came out like waterfalls. I had no idea what was going on. The hospital ride seemed to take a lifetime until I saw the emergency door. I heard shouts and people run around and open the doors. A female doctor grabbed me and held my fragile body tight. Doctors came running from everywhere to rush mum thought doors and into an emergency room, I had to wait outside. The nurse assisted me to seats and I tucked my head into my knees and sobbed quietly.

I had to tell April and rose. I needed someone to help me. I reached in my pocket with shaky hands. "far!" I said slapping the wall. My phone wasn't in my pocket which means that I had no way to contact them. I didn't know there numbers off by heart which meant I couldn't use the hospital phone. I sat there more tears rushing down my face. My knees bouncing up and down, my body shivering with fear. I heard a crunch in my other pocket, my hand slowly reached down to take out the crumbled piece of paper. 'Kendall' I thought. I remembered his smile, which I really could use right now. It felt wrong but I needed someone and right now I was desperate. I walked over to desk and asked "um.. May I use the phone.. P-please" the man smiled at me and nodded. I dialled his number and out the phone to me ear "hello" Kendall answered his voice husky, I wanted to reply but nothing came out "hello? Is this some prank call because I will-" "Kendall its me.. Rebecca" I said quietly cutting him off. "Oh hey Rebecca" he said sweetly "how are you beautiful" I blushed a bit but snapped back at it "um.. I'm at the hospital.. Please come" I sighed more tears coming down my face. "I'll be there in 10" he said with a serious tone.
________________

KENDALLS POV

I ran out of my house and jumped into my car. 'She was at the hospital, is she even okay?! Maybe she's dying!' All these thoughts running around my mind but I tried to stay calm. It was wrong I know but I dumped Lily the night after the bonfire. Lily was too plastic, too plain but this girl Rebecca she was fun and I felt like I could talk to her about anything even though we just met. It Felt like sparks flew when I looked at her, her beautiful face. Soft lips, would I know what they felt like on mine, 'snap out of it Kendall she's just a friend' I smirked to myself. I pulled up into the hospital parking lot. I got out and ran to the entrance not even bothering to lock my car. The sliding doors opened and I looked around. I saw a small figure curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. Her eyes were red, pale cheeks, rocking back and forth trying to calm herself. She looked horrible, my heart sank. She was a tragic sight. She noticed me and gave me a small smile, tears pouring from her eyes again. I walked over to her and sat next to her "Rebecca.. What happened?"

REBECCAS POV

Kendall walked through the doors looking around, guessing for me. His dirty blonde hair and brown eyes gave me shivers. Good ones of course. He was so gorgeous, why would any boy like him take interest in me!? I smiled at him when he did find me. 'Argh I look awful' I said inside my head I could tell because he just had a readable expression. He walked over to me and sat down looking at me intently "Rebecca.. What happened?" He asked, i cleared my throat not daring to stare at him. I gazed at the emergency room door like I had been doing for the last hour. "I.. I came home and.. And mum.. She was just lying there she-she was j-just lying there Kendall! I don't know what's wrong im so scared and what if I lose her! What if she dies! What if.. Kendall I'm scared" I said sobbing into my knees. All my words were a blur but I'm sure he understood. He didn't reply but grabbed me by my shoulders and cuddled me. I burried my head into his chest and cried more and more. He stroked my hair and whispered into my ear "Everything will be okay" over and over. I eventually stopped crying and looked at him "thank you for coming" I whispered and sighed "Rebecca like i said, I'm always here". No one ever called me Rebecca, it was nice, made me feel special. I snuggled into him and everything went black.
__________________

"Rebecca" a voice said waking me up. Kendall looked at me "you must have dozed off, you look so cute when your asleep" he said causing me to turn red. My Thoughts were quickly disturbed by a doctor coming out of the emergency room, I started shaking again. I felt a warm touch from Kendall his hands locking with mine. I stood up as the doctor approached us. "Miss Rebecca Winston" he questioned me "Yes that's me sir" my voice cracked. " your mother has experienced a bit of a shake up but let me assure you she is fine for now", I sighed heavily but the tensed up again "for now!?" I half yelled. He looked at me funny" sorry.. what do you mean by for now?" He looked down at me and took off his glasses "I'm so sorry.. But" he paused causing me to almost yell of frustration "your mother.. Has sever cancer, I'm so sorry". It felt like a knock to the head. 'Cancer?, Cancer!, CANCER!' The words played over and over in my head drowning out all sound. My body went limp, luckily Kendall caught me. I started to break down again, this couldn't be happening. I screamed and cried.

Hey guys! 320 reads haha☺️ thank you! Yes sad chapter but I hope you like it. Romance forming.. Anyway I'll keep posting soon so hope your all well and I please continue reading😊

-Holly💫