Chapter 5

I woke up late the next day. My hair was a mess but i didn't care. My phone vibrated as I picked it up. Message from Rose, I chuckled to myself as I opened the message up. 'It's sunny and were going to the beach girls! Pack your togs and sun screen (Becca!) and let's get moving! See you at 12 :*'. Great, a day at the beach "this won't be so bad" I told myself while looking though my wardrobe for clothes. I got changed into some shorts and my blue singlet that said 'beach please', tied my hair up in a messy bun and for the last time, looked in the mirror and smiled. Today was going to be good.
______________

April arrived first at my house in her 'sports car' (as she liked to call it) it was a beat up old jeep but it suited her perfectly. She wore her black shorts and I tank top which showed a small proportion of her brown stomach. I greeted her with a warm hug, "looking good as always sunshine" she said to me as my cheeks heated a bit, "as to you apricot" (I called her that cause she hated it but she loved me so who cares!) in the distance we saw Rose running towards to car, her smile wide as always. She wore navy blue shorts and a peachy coloured plain singlet. "Let's get the show on the road" she yelled as she jumped into the front seat of the car. My mum walked to greet us "be safe girls, and have fun" "thanks Mrs Winston" April and Rose said in unison. I kissed her cheek and she whispered in my ear "remember Rebecca I love you so much" she smiled and pushed me towards the car. That was weird, she never really told me that. I jumped in the car and we sped off. My mums voice played over and over in my mind. The wind blew Aprils and Roses hair, making them look stunning. Everything seemed so normal, but yet something made me feel unsure. It was weird.